|DPS (reload)||32.7 (52.5)|
|crit dmg||9||crit % mult||x1|
|ammo type||10mm round|
|ammo cap.||12||reload time||1.3|
|repair||N99 10mm pistols|
The 10mm pistol or N99 10mm pistol is a weapon found in Fallout 3.
10mm pistols are sidearms using the 10mm ammunition that was common before the Great War. They were used extensively by the Bureau of Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Firearms and Lasers, while in the military such pistols were being phased out in favor of energy weapons.
The 10mm N80 sidearm was standard issue military gear until it was phased out in 2051.
After the phase out of the N80 in 2051, the N99 sidearm became standard issue military gear. The N99 was known for its ability to survive in the harshest of conditions and did so in many tests, as the weapon was able to reliably be restored to working condition after an extended period of time exposed to hard elements and without maintenance.
The N99 proved to stand up to its claims and as a result, is one of the most common weapons found in use in the wasteland. While many civilian weapons were ruined beyond use in the extreme conditions following the war, the N99 is commonly able to be easily restored to working order by anyone with even the most basic knowledge of firearm mechanics.
However, an N99 in poor condition can often deliver low target and armor penetration, frequent jamming, and greatly reduced accuracy. Fortunately, the weapon was produced in great numbers and many units are available for replacement parts.
The pistol uses 10mm ammunition, commonly found in Washington, DC and the surrounding Wasteland. It is similar to the Colt 6520, which is more common on the West Coast. It is also the first actual gun given to you in the game.
This weapon can be used to repair the silenced 10mm pistol and Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol.
The 10mm pistol is almost always a superior choice to its counterpart, the Chinese pistol. It has a faster, more predictable fire rate, much greater accuracy, and better damage. It is generally a more common find.
A fully-repaired 10mm pistol can fire 552 rounds, exactly 46 magazines, before breaking. That's only half of what the Chinese pistol can do, though.
- Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol, carried by the Enclave's Colonel Augustus Autumn, this 10mm pistol is nearly twice as powerful as the regular version.
- Silenced 10mm pistol, a suppressed variant that's weaker, but won't give away your position while firing.
- Sim version (Operation: Anchorage add-on), a sim-only version of the weapon which has been re-skinned to appear newer and less worn. It also differs in health, with a whopping 999,150 hit points, essentially preventing the gun from ever degrading, This weapon is not normally accessible outside of the simulation.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- 10mm alloy steel pistol (Operation: Anchorage add-on) - Another version of the weapon was cut from the add-on, it differs from the standard 10mm pistol in appearance only, using the same new skin as the sim only version.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- Sonora Cruz' 10mm pistol, a unique pistol on Sonora Cruz (ID: 0006f210). It deals a whopping 100 damage, but Sonora always flees from enemies and never uses her pistol.
- This is the first real gun that you can acquire, Amata gives one to you at the beginning of the quest Escape! (assuming that you accept the pistol when she offers it). The pistol is also in perfect condition, and will be useful to low level players.
- It is found in large quantities throughout the Capital Wasteland, as low level raiders and wastelanders often use the weapon.
- It can be found in many random safes throughout the wasteland, mostly easy locked ones.
- Amata will carry one into the wastes, if you drive everyone out of Vault 101, after the quest Trouble on the Homefront
- Officers Wilkins, Wolfe, Richards, O'Brian and Gomez all carry the 10mm pistol.
- Taylor will carry the 10mm pistol during the quest Trouble on the Homefront.
- Alphonse Almodovar will carry one during the quest, Trouble on the Homefront.
- Millicent Wellington will use a 10mm pistol to kill her husband Edgar Wellington II if you show her the Love letter.
- Bannon, Birch, Colin Moriarty, the ghoul scientist, Greta, Jason Proud, Jessica, Joe Porter, Machete, Nathaniel Vargas, Pappy, Initiate Pek, Sonora Cruz, Ted Strayer, Weston Lesko and Winthrop all use the 10mm pistol.
 Behind the scenes
- ↑ Chris Taylor interview for Vault13.net
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Citadel terminal entry on the N99 10mm pistol in Fallout 3. 
- ↑ Liquid Development portfolio