The hired hands know what they're signing up for - we don't hide anything with fancy talk.
”— Alice McLafferty
Alice McLafferty is the current manager of the New Vegas branch of the Crimson Caravan 2281. McLafferty is a severe woman who runs all her day-to-day activities with utmost efficiency and a degree of ruthlessness.
Prior to 2281, McLafferty was in charge of the Crimson Caravan's operations in the Hub, but as the New Vegas branch had been under-performing lately, she relocated to "clean it up."
 Interactions with the player character
- You Can Depend on Me: Alice asks the player to do various "jobs" for the Crimson Caravan company.
- Pressing Matters: Alice asks the Courier to disable the bottle cap counterfeiting press located at Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters.
- Young Hearts: Convince Alice to terminate Janet's Crimson Caravan Company contract.
- Heartache by the Number: Either kill Alice or find evidence that she was behind the destruction of the independent caravans.
 Effects of player actions
- Additionally, the Courier can eventually discover that Alice has been secretly working with the Van Graffs to ambush the other caravans and force them out of business. The Courier, at the behest of Sharon Cassidy, may then murder McLafferty, eventually resulting in serious trouble with the NCR's supply lines.
- The Courier may instead give evidence of McLafferty's crimes to the NCR, allowing them to "tighten their grip" on trade throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- If the Courier is caught stealing the Gun Runners manufacturing schematics and finishes Heartache by the Number peacefully, then Alice and Gloria will get ambushed and killed by Gun Runners seeking revenge.
- Murdering McLafferty or opening her office safe in front of Crimson Caravan employees will turn them hostile.
- Killing McLafferty before completing You Can Depend on Me and Pressing Matters will cause you to fail those quests.
- For some reason Alice sleeps in the guard barracks at night.
Alice McLafferty appears in Fallout: New Vegas. She was to appear in Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios.
 Behind the scenes
- In Van Buren, she was called "Ailis". In Fallout: New Vegas, her name was changed to the more conventional "Alice".
- Alice McLafferty's Van Buren concept image is based on actress Glenn Close.
Collector's Edition playing card