Alien crash site
Fallout 3 locations project
Alien crash site
Recon craft Theta's crash site
The alien crash site is an unmarked location om the Capital Wasteland that contains the remains of alien recon craft Theta, which hurdled through a house and came to rest in a cliff side. It is noteworthy both for its uniqueness and for the similarly unique loot found in the vicinity. It is also the source of one of the Capital Wasteland's radio signals, the Recon craft Theta beacon.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Roughly twenty meters behind the house lies the wrecked recon craft. It is badly damaged and leaking an unspecified radioactive fluid (giving off about 4 rads/sec). The only point of interest is at the front of the ship, the side opposite the ruined house. The crash site is directly north of MDPL-13 power station, west-northwest of Greener Pastures disposal site, and southwest of Vault 92. The Lone Wanderer can also follow the distress signal as the signal grows louder and clearer the closer one gets. At the front of the ship, the cockpit dome is shattered. The pilot's body lies outside against a pile of rocks with the powerful alien blaster in his hand. About 120 alien power cells are scattered around. The trail from the house to the ship is full of debris from the crash.
After completion of the Mothership Zeta add-on, an alien homing beacon takes the place of the crashed craft, allowing the player to teleport to Mothership Zeta and back at will. It will also have a map marker for easy fast travel.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With the addition of the Mothership Zeta add-on, the player is abducted before the alien blaster can be retrieved. After completion of the add-on, the alien blaster and ammunition will still be on the surface even though the ship is back on the Mothership. If the alien blaster and alien power cells are not visible, they can be accessed via the tcl console command on PC or by using Dogmeat to obtain the blaster and power cells.
- If you do not have the Mothership Zeta add-on installed, then the Recon Craft Theta distress signal will not be picked up by your Pip-Boy unless you are close to the crash site. If Mothership Zeta is installed, however, your Pip-Boy can pick up the signal anywhere in the Capital Wasteland and as far away as The Pitt.
- Upon completing Mothership Zeta, the "Recon Craft Theta" signal disappears. This is because the mothership Zeta recovered the ship transmitting it. The recon craft can be seen as it is lifted into the Hangar bay.
- If you use console commands to get under the ship there will be a radio. If you engage conversation with the radio it will just say "Hello there".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The alien crash site appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Upon returning to the Capital Wasteland after completing Mothership Zeta, the dead alien that previously lay next to the ship may be stuck in the ground.
- during the events on the operating table, the game may freeze. Restarting the console may or may not work, if it doesn't fast travel to a location to the north of the site. Vault 92 has been tested and works. If you have Mothership Zeta and try traveling from MDPL-13 Power Station to the crash site
- Nearby to the crash site there is an abandoned house with a bath, and if you stand in it you will not be able to get out.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.718:
MZ1 Crashed Anomaly
"Almost directly north of the MDPL-13 Power Station (as you follow the line of power towers) you pick up an odd radio signal: You hear mainly static and then some eerie garbled speech you can't decipher. Locate the remains of a house; something has crashed straight through it, digging a furrow into the hillside. This is Recon Craft Theta, an Alien scout ship! Round the front of the craft to uncover a strange body, thrown from the cockpit. When Mothership Zeta arrives (which you are unaware of), as soon as you step close to the cockpit, you are grabbed by a tractor beam, and sucked up into an Alien spacecraft to begin Add-on Quest: Not of This World."
MZ1 Alien Homing Beacon
"Once Add-on Quest: This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough... is completed and you return to the Capital Wasteland, Recon Craft Theta is gone (it's actually in the Hangar aboard the Mothership), and has been replaced by a Homing Beacon. Activate this Beacon if you wish to return to the Mothership for Elliott's aid, or you want to gather additional supplies from the chambers still accessible. You can come and go as you please."