The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault
by filling it in
Thank you father, I'll do my best to keep us all safe, inside the Vault and beyond.
”— Amata Almodovar
Amata Almodovar is a resident of Vault 101. Born in 2258, she is younger than her friend, the Lone Wanderer. Amata is the only child of Overseer Alphonse Almodovar.
Amata is the Overseer's daughter. Her mother died when she was just two years old. She loves her father dearly and is very loyal to him, but she hopes to change his stance on isolationism. She does not want to defy Alphonse but longs to experience the outside world. The Lone Wanderer and Amata have been best friends since childhood, drawn together by the common bond of not having known their respective mothers. There are conversational choices that can make it seem that the Lone Wanderer has a love interest in Amata; even if these lines can seem sarcastic at times. If your character is female, the conversational choices still exist, but Amata seems less interested romantically.
Her 2274 medical file notes that all medical exams are done with Alphonse's presence, troubling Amata: she is concerned that her father does not trust her. Her father's insistence on being present precludes any possibility of doctor-patient confidentiality. James, the physician, believes that Amata can be trusted to avoid making bad decisions however.
When Amata completes the G.O.A.T., she is informed by her teacher Mr. Brotch that she is on a supervisory track.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
- Growing Up Fast: On July 13, 2268, Amata decorates the cafeteria in anticipation of the Lone Wanderer's tenth birthday party. As a gift, Amata gives the Lone Wanderer an intact copy of the 14th issue of Grognak the Barbarian.
- Future Imperfect: On August 3, 2274, Amata is harassed by the Tunnel Snakes gang near the classroom. The Lone Wanderer can help Amata, help the Tunnel Snakes, or leave Amata with the Tunnel Snakes.
- Escape!: Amata awakens the player character with news of James' escape from the Vault. She offers a gun and has a plan for the player's own escape. Toward the end of the quest, the player finds her being interrogated by her father and Officer Steve Mack. If the player refused to take the gun from Amata she will pull it out, kill Officer Mack, and run into another room.
- Trouble on the Homefront: After The Waters of Life there is a new radio signal in the vicinity of Vault 101, the Vault 101 distress signal from Amata. She gives you a brief explanation on the events leading up to that day and gives you the password to open the vault door. Amata will mention the Vault is in trouble and that she needs your help to stop the Overseer.
 Effects of player actions
- Amata's Fate: If you complete the Trouble on the Homefront quest by destroying the Vault's reactor, there is a random encounter involving Amata and Enclave soldiers. They will ask her for the location of Vault 101, which she will give to them. Afterward, the soldiers will open fire and kill her, unless the player is fast enough at killing the Enclave, at which point she will walk away, and berate the player if engaged, saying "Stay away from me - this is all your fault!".
* Only if you refuse the pistol, or during Trouble on the Homefront.
- Amata appears floating face down during the hallucination that occurs while intoxicated with punga plant seeds in the Point Lookout add-on.
- Amata appears running down the hall towards the player during a hallucination inside Vault 106. Firing on her figure will result in a karma loss.
- When you leave Vault 101 for the first time, Amata (if the player took the pistol) might be knocked out by any remaining guards. However, if Amata kept the pistol, she will fire upon and kill the hostile guards.
- Amata's name is related to the word love in the romance languages.
 Notable quotes
- "Things got worse after you left, my [father's gone mad with power, if you can hear this please stop looking for your dad and help stop mine."
- "Daddy please stop, don't you understand, I can't tell you. Why are you doing this to me?"
- "I'm not telling you anything, and don't pretend you aren't enjoying this daddy. You're sick."
- "My god what have you done? You killed him, why would you kill my father?"
- "Thank you father, I'll do my best to keep us all safe, inside the Vault and beyond."
Amata Almodovar appears only in Fallout 3.
 Behind the scenes
- If you complete the Trouble on the Homefront quest by killing the Vault overseer and convince her it was your only choice, she will say, "I'm sorry. You're a hero... and you have to leave." This is an homage to the original Fallout at the end of which Vault 13's overseer says the same line. (Certain dialogue choices may avoid this line)
Amata during Growing Up Fast.
Amata, being harassed by the Tunnel Snakes during Future Imperfect.
Amata, how she looks during Trouble on the Homefront.
"Amata's Fate" random encounter.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.60: "Amata is the Overseer's daughter. Her mother died when she was just two years old. She loves her father dearly and is very loyal to him, but she hopes to change his stance on isolationism. She does not want to defy Alphonse but longs to experience the outside world. You and Amata have been best friends all your life, drawn together by the common bond of not having known your mothers."