Argyle is the now dead but once "stalwart ghoul manservant" of adventurer Herbert Dashwood in 2277.
Argyle was born before the Great War and first met Dashwood in 2241, when the adventurer stole his girlfriend. However, despite the misunderstanding, they became good friends.
Argyle was a very irritable individual constantly exasperated by his master's recklessness and how easily he fell for women. Nevertheless, he was very loyal, refusing to abandon him and always saving him from any dire situations, no matter how much effort, time and skill was required.
Argyle was a master of unarmed combat, practicing kung-fu, being so skilled he could rip out an opponent's heart or kill a mirelurk with his bare hands. He apparently liked to collect martial arts memorabilia as he carried the Unarmed Bobblehead. He was also a gifted shot although he very rarely used his gun, a 10mm pistol. He was a fan of the Shady Sands Shuffle maneuver. He could even disarm slave collars "with [his] eyes closed," indicating that he was also skilled in mechanical tinkering.
The final adventure with Dashwood came when Dashwood was seduced by Penelope Chase into revealing to her the secret underground city of Rockopolis that Dashwood and Argyle were charged with keeping secret. Dashwood, ever easily controlled and manipulated by women, took her to it where she revealed she was in fact a slaver and a double agent for Paradise Falls. Before she could kill Dashwood, Argyle ripped out her heart with his attack dubbed the "Eagle Claw". Unfortunately, it was too late for either Argyle or Dashwood to stop the slavers from attacking the village, and they were separated in all the confusion. While Dashwood somehow managed to escape, Argyle was not so fortunate. The invading slavers then killed Argyle (as a nearby holotape suggests) and enslaved the population of Rockopolis, but his adventures live on through Galaxy News Radio.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
- A Manhandled Manservant: Argyle's corpse can be found in Rockopolis. This information can then be given to Dashwood for a reward, much to the ex-adventurer's sorrow.
 Notable quotes
- "Funny business? Why, Miss Chase, you hurt my feelings. I mean, there ain't nothin' funny about...the EEEEAAAGLE CLAAAAAAW!"
- "I always knew this broad was heartless. Get it boss? Heartless?"
- "Ah, the ol' Shady Sands Shuffle, sure brings me back."
- "Listen to yourself, boss! This is Rockopolis; one of the safest places in the wasteland; and you just showed a stranger where it is!"
- Argyle refers to the "Shady Sands Shuffle" and says that it takes him back. It is possible that he came from the NCR and is not native to the East Coast.
Argyle only appears in Fallout 3.
 Behind the scenes
- Argyle may be a reference to Kato from The Green Hornet, a popular radio program from the 1930s.
- Argyle's body might disappear after installing the Xbox 360 patch.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.61: "A manservant of Herbert "Daring" Dashwood of the highest repute, Argyle was a faithful retainer, as well as an accomplished martial artist. The story goes that he died battling an earlier leader of the Slavers named Penelope Chase, ripping out her hart with a technique known as the "eagle claw." His body is still inside the Rockopolis, but his adventures live on in the radio plays sometimes hosted by Galaxy News Radio."