Fallout 3 locations project
Arlington Cemetery is what remains of the Arlington National Cemetery. To the south is Mama Dolce's food processor and in the center there is the Arlington House. Now, it is an empty spot on the map, mostly devoid of life. The Flooded Metro located south of Wilhelm's Wharf opens to Arlington Cemetery.
Background[edit | edit source]
Arlington National Cemetery was a military cemetery, established during the American Civil War on the grounds of Arlington House, formerly the estate of the family of Confederate general Robert E. Lee's wife Mary Anna Custis Lee, a great granddaughter of Martha Washington, wife of George Washington.
In an area of 624 acres (253 hectares), veterans and military casualties from each of the nation's wars were interred in the cemetery, ranging from the American Civil War through to the Anchorage Reclamation and the Yangtze Campaign.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The northern end of the Cemetery terminates in the Arlington Cemetery Metro Station (Arlington on DCTA maps), whose platform rests in a depressed, walled in area sheltered from the elements by an elegant metal and glass roofing. It connects to Foggy Bottom station (through Arlington utility) and the caved-in FDR Island station.
The cemetery begins just beyond the first memorial and is arranged in terraces, centered around monuments. The most notable other element is the Arlington House, with its mysterious shrine to Abraham Lincoln and Junders Plunkett. Beyond the southern gates of the cemetery lies Mama Dolce's, the pre-War headquarters of Chinese infiltrators in D.C. and the Falls Church station.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Inside Mama Dolce's, There is a copy of Dean's Electronics on the south western stairwell, north of the western loading bay sniper nest.
- There are skill books in both sniper nests above the loading yard. There is a Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual in the Eastern nest and Guns and bullets in the Western nest.
- If you exit Mama Dolce's Food Distribution and look north there is a truck and a container with some barrels in it. In the container there is a dead wastelander with random loot and Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you exit the Arlington house and head east towards the central structure (four brown-yellow muses) with four benches surrounding it, there is a tombstone that has blooming flowers in front of it, and two more to the north of that one, and a third farther east from the structure. Needless to say, this is a very rare sight in the Capital Wasteland.
- In the Arlington Cemetery South metro station, just as you enter the main chamber, there is a dumpster to the right of the entrance. Inside the dumpster is a U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes skill book.
- There is a Pulowski Preservation shelter near the Arlington Cemetery North Metro station. Inside is a female statue, a wine bottle, some shot glasses and sexy sleepwear.
- When entering from the Metro station, there is a dead regulator with Junders Plunkett's wanted notice, as well as a regulator duster. If the player has the Lawbringer perk on.
- Two jet can be found just west of the Arlington house, along with a first aid box on the nearby rocks and box containing Buffout and Jet a little up the hill to the south.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Arlington Cemetery appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art for the Valkyrie statues in Arlington, by Adam Adamowicz.