Ooh-ee! Yeah, dig that sweet music! Damn, it's good to be back on-line!
Blind Diode Jefferson is a jukebox fixed with an automated personality in the Big MT in 2281.
Blind Diode Jefferson was forced offline when Dr. Mobius abandoned The Think Tank and left for the Forbidden Zone. Once his personality backup is retrieved from House #108, he speaks with a slow drawl, similar in style to a stereotypical Deep South blues musician. When left alone, he may continue to ramble, spouting mostly-useless advice and anecdotes of by-gone times.
When asked if he can play music, he says that he used to before Dr. Mobius took out his music drives - hence exacerbating his feeling of 'the blues'. Mobius used him to change the sonic waves of sonic emitters.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
 Effects of the player's actions
- If the Courier choose for Diode Jefferson to dispense the same type of sonic emitter as is in the Courier's inventory, one will be returned to you at near full repair. This can be exploited.
- As mentioned above, the slide show mentions that Jefferson saves The Big Empty from "sonic invasion" sometime in 2910 - whether or not this is a throw-away gag (let alone official canon), is yet to be seen, but if it is, this is by far the single furthest date ever posted in the Fallout universe.
- When you complete Old World Blues, he says that you only have the lonesome road to walk, referencing the final add-on Lonesome Road.
 Notable quotes
- "I ever tell you about Saxomotron version 4.0? That cat was the best trumpet player I ever met."
- "Here and now got its ups and downs, but... focusing on the past like it was way better? That's just Old World Blues..."
- "You heard of Doc Boney? Sang with the staff band till his wife caught him in bed with a nurse. Now he haunts the Med Center, still singing the blues."
- "Some day, I'd like to meet the man who's got no blues to sing."
- "You ever heard of Tiny Lester Lutton? Best jazzy harmonica I ever heard. Mind you, being a super mutant with no lips... don't ask me how he played."
Blind Diode Jefferson appears in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues.
 Behind the scenes