Bye Bye Love is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Joana wants to leave her life at Gomorrah behind her and wants to escape into the arms of her lover Carlitos.
- Talk to Joana; a Medicine check of 50 or Speech of 75 is required to get her to talk about Cachino or Carlitos. Alternatively, talk to Carlitos directly in Vault 21.
- Run messages between Joana and Carlitos.
- (Optional) Hire Big Beard and Little Beard at the Atomic Wrangler Casino to escort the two lovers.
- Speak to Joana between 12:00 and 6:00 AM and help her and some other prostitutes escape.
- Deal with the Omerta thugs stopping their escape.
- Kill them or convince them to leave with two Strength checks at 8 and 9, or two Speech checks at 75 and 85.
|1|| ||Find Carlitos to help Joana escape Gomorrah.|
|2|| ||Talk to Joana, on Carlitos' behalf, at Gomorrah.|
|3|| ||Joana has decided to escape Gomorrah. Talk to Carlitos about her decision.|
|4|| ||Carlitos wants to meet Joana in Freeside, between midnight and dawn. Explain the plan to Joana.|
|5|| ||(Optional) Carlitos suggests getting backup before attempting the escape. Find the two guns-for-hire that owe him a favor.|
|6|| ||Joana agreed to Carlitos' plan. Talk to her once you're ready to escort her during the escape.|
|7|| ||Help Joana, and the girls, in their escape to Freeside.|
|8|| ||Joana is safely delivered to Carlitos. The Omertas who set up the ambush are gone.|
|9|| ||Joana is free and reunited with Carlitos. She spoke about rumors of a sinister Omertas' operation.|
- Completing How Little We Know will instantly fail this quest regardless of its resolution.
- It seems that there is no way to complete this quest without passing at least a 25 Speech check.
- It is unknown where Carlitos and Joana end up after you've finished the quest and had them stay alive, although they do have dialogue proposing that you can meet them afterward.
The name of the quest is a reference to The Everly Brothers 1957 song of the same name.
Carlitos and Joana won't appear in the game, if you have advanced far enough in the quest How Little We Know even after you started conversation with both, making the quest impossible to complete.
- To fix this on PC, use the following console commands: For Carlitos: prid 0011f87a, resurrect, enable. For Joana: prid 112471, enable, moveto player while standing in the courtyard.
- The downside of this method is that once you have to escort her and the disguised hookers out of Gomorrah, they may not move. A solution to this is to start combat with Joana, leave Gomorrah, then go back in and restart dialogue with her. After that, exit Gomorrah, enter Freeside, and Joana and the disguised hookers should appear next to you resuming the quest.
- setstage 00110a65 90 and talking first to Carlitos once (before or after the command), then to Joana.
Once the group reaches Freeside, the thugs that are supposed to interrupt the escape, sometimes won't appear. This can be bypassed by using the console command
- Freeside can fix this.
After escorting Joana and the disguised hookers to Freeside, Carlitos might not appear making the quest incompletable when Joana, the disguised hookers, and the Omerta thugs stand around and do nothing. Killing the Omerta thugs won't work since Joana and the disguised hookers still need Carlitos to appear to advance the quest dialogue. Reloading the auto-save from when you entered
- Securitrons posted outside the gate can become hostile, attacking all included people. Killing them gives infamy for the Strip but letting them kill Joana fails the quest.
When leading Joana and the disguised hookers outside the gate to Freeside, the
- After running back and forth a few times the dialogue option to get Joana to run away might fail to appear; you will need to have a high enough speech skill to convince her.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|