Bye Bye Love
Bye Bye Love
Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Joana or Carlitos.
- Run messages between Joana and Carlitos.
- Help Joana and some other prostitutes escape.
- Deal with the Omerta thugs stopping their escape.
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The quest can be triggered by speaking to Joana or Carlitos Wayne, who reside in the Gomorrah casino and hotel (in the courtyard) and the Vault 21 hotel (in the mess hall), respectively. To activate the quest with Joana, the player must pass a Medicine check of 50 or a Speech check of 75 to allow dialogue that will eventually have Joana talk about Cachino and Carlitos. She will offer the player 200 caps or sexual services for taking the quest (the second option is only available if your character is male, or a female with the Cherchez La Femme perk). If the player can't meet either check, they can talk to Carlitos, who only needs a only a Speech check of 25 to find out about why he left the Omertas and Joana. Carlitos will give the player 200 caps upon accepting the offer to help him and another 200 upon completion.
The first part of the quest involves ferrying messages between Carlitos and Joana. After running back and forth, the player can agree to help Joana and two of her fellow prostitutes escape to Freeside to join Carlitos; the agreement being to wait until between 12 and 6 AM, Gomorrah's busiest hours, before attempting the escape. Carlitos advises the player to get some backup before attempting the escape, as he knows two guns-for-hire that owe him a favor. This gives the player the option to recruit Big Beard and Little Beard, who are located in the Atomic Wrangler Casino. Once you are ready, you only need to speak to Joana, who will then change outfits and walk to the casino floor where the other two prostitutes are waiting. Talking to Joana once she arrives causes all three to run to the meeting point is in Freeside, which is down the first side street outside the Strip gate.
Once you meet up with the hired guns and Carlitos, four or five Omerta thugs will ambush the group. The player can either go into combat with them, or talk them into leaving with one of two checks; Strength (8, 9) or Speech (75, 85). Carlitos and Joana must survive the confrontation or else the quest will fail. If successful, Carlitos will thank the player and ask if there is a way to repay the kindness. From here you have a choice between receiving 200 caps or accepting a simple thanks. Alternatively, if you talked to Carlitos first and you have a Barter of 65, you can get another 400 caps on top of the 200 at the start.
From here Joana will thank the Courier and mention a sinister plot she's heard about from Cachino about the Omertas. The How Little We Know quest will initiate if it's not active already.
Journal entries[edit | edit source]
|1||Find Carlitos to help Joana escape Gomorrah.|
|2||Talk to Joana, on Carlitos' behalf, at Gomorrah.|
|3||Joana has decided to escape Gomorrah. Talk to Carlitos about her decision.|
|4||Carlitos wants to meet Joana in Freeside, between midnight and dawn. Explain the plan to Joana.|
|5||(Optional) Carlitos suggests getting backup before attempting the escape. Find the two guns-for-hire that owe him a favor.|
|6||Joana agreed to Carlitos' plan. Talk to her once you're ready to escort her during the escape.|
|7||Help Joana, and the girls, in their escape to Freeside.|
|8||Joana is safely delivered to Carlitos. The Omertas who set up the ambush are gone.|
|9||Joana is free and reunited with Carlitos. She spoke about rumors of a sinister Omertas' operation.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Completing How Little We Know will instantly fail this quest regardless of its resolution.
- It seems that there is no way to complete this quest without passing at least a 25 speech check.
- It is unknown where Carlitos and Joana end up after you've finished the quest and had them stay alive, although they do have dialogue proposing that you can meet them afterward.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The name of the quest is a reference to The Everly Brothers song of the same name.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Carlitos and Joana won't appear in the game, if you have advanced far enough in the quest How Little We Know even after you started conversation with both, making the quest impossible to complete.
- To fix this on PC, use the following console commands: For Carlitos: prid 0011f87a, resurrect, enable. For Joana: prid 112471, enable, moveto player while standing in the courtyard.
- The downside of this method is that once you have to escort her and the disguised hookers out of Gomorrah, they may not move. A solution to this is to start combat with Joana, leave Gomorrah, then go back in and restart dialogue with her. After that, exit Gomorrah, enter Freeside, and Joana and the disguised hookers should appear next to you resuming the quest.
- setstage 00110a65 90 and talking first to Carlitos once (before or after the command), then to Joana. Once the group reaches Freeside, the thugs that are supposed to interrupt the escape, sometimes won't appear. This can be bypassed by using the console command
- Freeside can fix this. After escorting Joana and the disguised hookers to Freeside, Carlitos might not appear making the quest incompletable when Joana, the disguised hookers, and the Omerta thugs stand around and do nothing. Killing the Omerta thugs won't work since Joana and the disguised hookers still need Carlitos to appear to advance the quest dialogue. Reloading the auto-save from when you entered
- Securitrons posted outside the gate can become hostile, attacking all included people. Killing them gives infamy for the strip but letting them kill Joana fails the quest. When leading Joana and the disguised hookers outside the gate to Freeside, the
- When Joana and the disguised hookers are waiting in the Gomorrah lobby the game can crash when exiting the strip, avoid this by allowing all four of them to leave first.
- After running back and forth a few times the dialogue option to get Joana to run away might fail to appear; you'll need to have a high enough speech skill to convince her.