Fallout 3 locations project
Canterbury Commons is a trading post and a small town located on the eastern edge of the Capital Wasteland. It is inhabited by five wastelanders and can be found north of Washington, D.C., north of Vault 108, and southeast of the Temple of the Union.
The settlement is built into what appears to be the remains of a small pre-War town, with the current inhabitants only using a small part of the buildings available. The town's only permanent merchant, Joe Porter, lives in an old Dot's Diner. Adjacent to this building is an old garage which is home to Dominic and Machete, and across the street is the old fire station, now Uncle Roe's house which Uncle Roe shares with his nephew Derek Pacion. Behind the old garage a small brahmin stable can be found.
In front of the town to the west is a large circular cul-de-sac where caravan merchants appear regularly.
 Notable loot
- Grognak the Barbarian - carried by Derek Pacion, this needs to be pick pocketed.
- Dean's Electronics - inside Dominic and Machete's garage on a desk in the room to the right as you walk in.
- Highwayman's Friend - unique tire iron, inside Dominic and Machete's garage, on a shelf right next to the Dean's Electronics book.
 Related quests
- Moira Brown was born in Canterbury Commons.
- The caravan merchants inventory may be upgraded by speaking to Uncle Roe in the unmarked quest Merchant Empire.
- If the player kills or disables (with the Robotics Expert perk) the Mechanist's robots before they can leave for the Robot repair center and disappear, they will respawn after 72 hours at the location of their corpse and remain there permanently. They will level with the player, and will change into higher-leveled robots when they reach the appropriate levels. For example, a robobrain and a Mister Gutsy will be replaced with sentry bots once the player is at level 20 or above. The robots are friendly towards the player and the town citizens, and will attack any random wasteland creatures that may approach the town.
- Killing either the Mechanist or the AntAgonizer before they fight will cause Uncle Roe to give you 400 caps but will not allow you to start The Superhuman Gambit quest.
- Sergeant RL-3 resides here when dismissed after becoming a companion.
- The Mechanist and the AntAgonizer cannot be killed while they are arguing.
- The player may take up residence in the town. See Dominic and Machete's house
Canterbury Commons appears only in Fallout 3.
- ants or robots) might glitch and be left standing there forever. They do not attack unless provoked but no dialog will be available between them and the player. After the initial battle between the AntAgonizer and the Mechanist, some of their minions (
- During the initial battle between the AntAgonizer and The Mechanist, the AntAgonizer's ants will not have a label, and have unusually low health. Once dead, they can not be searched.
- The Mechanist may not appear in the Mechanist forge.