|For an overview of assault rifle models in all games, see assault rifle.|
Chinese assault rifle
|DPS (reload)||50.8 (76.4)|
|crit dmg||10||crit % mult||x0.13|
|ammo type||5.56mm round|
|ammo cap.||24||reload time||2.2|
|repair||Chinese assault rifles|
xx003f3f (sim version)
xx00af7d (High damage)
The Type 93 Chinese assault rifle is a small guns weapon in Fallout 3.
The Type 93 Chinese assault rifle was designed and manufactured by a Chinese industrial conglomerate for the People's Liberation Army during the Resource Wars, for the purpose of equipping the Chinese infiltrators and American fifth-columnists. To this end, it was chambered for the abundant 5.56mm round and utilizes a 24-round magazine. Its iron sights consist of a rear ramp with a range scale, paired with a front post sight. It also has a simple safety, with only two settings: safe and fire. A disassembly lever is placed on the right side of the weapon.
Thousands of these weapons were smuggled into the US for use by Chinese operatives and sympathizers on the East Coast, and many remain functional even two hundred years after the Great War. These rifles are also proven to be ready for manufacturing in post-War conditions.
The Type 93 Chinese assault rifle is a second-tier, general purpose automatic firearm. Chambered with the same 5.56mm ammunition as the assault rifle, it is the most powerful of the generic assault rifles in base damage and DPS. It has the same ammunition capacity, AP cost, and spread statistic as other assault rifles. However, it is the third least durable 5.56mm weapon, due to its high damage per shot (the least durable is the Perforator, the second is the unique Xuanlong assault rifle). Regardless, it remains a formidable automatic weapon for any small guns character for the entire game.
A fully repaired Chinese assault rifle can fire 1210 rounds, about 51 magazines, before breaking.
In the first add-on, Operation: Anchorage, certain weapons were re-skinned to make them look like actual pre-War weapons. The Chinese assault rifle is among the small group that was chosen for use in the add-on.
The new looks include brown-colored hand and fore grips, and the outer plating is a darker black with fewer scratches than the post-War version. The stats and name are exactly the same, but the durability (as with every in-simulation item) is infinite, making the weapon (almost) impervious to damage and frequent use.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- High damage Chinese assault rifle, an additional variant with 1000 damage can also be found in Operation: Anchorage, used in the
DLC02TrenchClimberTrig02SCRIPT and cannot be obtained under normal circumstances.
- Dragoon, a variant named Chinese Dragoon assault rifle can be found in the data files for Operation: Anchorage. It uses the Anchorage-specific texture for the weapon, but aside from name and appearance is identical to the standard Chinese assault rifle. It is likely the weapon was intended to be placed in the armory with other "wasteland" versions of weapons found in the Anchorage sim, most of which were cut from the final version of the add-on; as such the weapon can only be accessed through the use of console commands.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
| Chinese assault rifle
|| Automatic rifle
|| 5.56mm round
| Xuanlong assault rifle
|| Automatic rifle
|| 5.56mm round
 Related quests
- Although not a functional weapon in Fallout: New Vegas, the Chinese assault rifle makes a brief appearance in the game. During the quest How Little We Know the Courier can cause a stockpile of weapons to be destroyed using thermite. Afterward, if examined closely, the barrel and iron sight of a Chinese assault rifle can be seen extending from one of the resulting piles of debris.
- In close quarters conditions, the rifle can clip targets or level geometry. This causes all shots to miss the target or be absorbed by geometry, even when the muzzle protrudes beyond the obstruction.
- ↑ Texture, left side denotes T-93