Once you have the Contract Killer perk, any good character you kill will have an ear on their corpse. This ear can then be sold to a certain person (whose identity is disclosed when you take the perk) for caps and negative Karma.”
 The "certain person"
- You will get a note from Littlehorn and Associates telling you to go to the Scrapyard. Daniel Littlehorn, the CEO, resides at the Scrapyard Office, and will pay 15 caps per ear.
With this perk, the player can remove an ear from every good human or non-feral ghoul character he or she kills. The ear can then be sold to Daniel Littlehorn at the Scrapyard for 15 caps and negative karma.
- It is the Evil equivalent of the Lawbringer perk.
- An ear will appear only if the one with the perk is credited with the kill. For example, firing a missile at the car behind the target and killing him with the subsequent explosion will not count. Similarly, any death blows landed by followers results in no ear appearing. A kill by the Mysterious Stranger will not yield an ear, either.
- An easy way to earn ears is to go to Rivet City, as the Security Guards re-spawn every three days.
- The most abundant supply of ears you can find are off of Regulators which are encountered randomly through having negative Karma. Slaver-hunting hitmen are also a good supplier of ears as well, should the player also choose to be a slaver.
- The note you receive indicates that you need to go to the east end of the Scrapyard, but you must actually go to the south end.
- Characters that are essential are also scripted as good characters (including Daniel Littlehorn) and will drop an ear every time they're knocked unconscious, for a potentially endless amount of ears.