Make no mistake; your father would be proud of what you have done.
Star Paladin Cross is a possible follower in Fallout 3, found at the Citadel in 2277.
Star Paladin Cross is the highest ranking Brotherhood of Steel soldier in the Citadel, but she no longer works in the field. Instead, she now serves as Elder Lyons' trusted bodyguard and advisor. It is well known that Cross has been technologically enhanced so that she no longer needs to eat or sleep. She is in fact, a cyborg. The change occurred several years ago, after Cross was critically injured defending Elder Lyons while out in the field; Scribe Rothchild performed the enhancement operation that saved Cross' life. But there's something even more important about Star Paladin Cross — she's none other than the Brotherhood of Steel soldier who helped save the Lone Wanderer's life as a baby. Cross helped James, the father of Lone Wanderer, get through the super mutants and escorted them all the way to Megaton.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
|Involved in quests:
 Other interactions
- Star Paladin Cross can be recruited as a follower if you have Good Karma.
- If you insult her or your father, she refuses to follow you.
- With the Broken Steel add-on installed, you will be able to ask her to join you once again after completing Take it Back!, even if you previously insulted James (but the positive Karma check still applies).
 Effects of player actions
- Because she belongs to the Brotherhood of Steel faction, Star Paladin Cross instantly becomes hostile towards any nearby Brotherhood Outcasts if she is dismissed from the party in their presence. This can be exploited for farming Outcast weaponry and armor without a karma loss, as at high levels she is able to wipe out entire groups of Outcasts. Cross doesn't turn hostile towards Outcasts on the Xbox 360 vanilla version.
- If the player destroys the Citadel during the Broken Steel quest Who Dares Wins while Cross is a companion, she will become hostile along with the rest of the Brotherhood of Steel. This can be very troublesome for a high-level player, since Cross levels with the player and can have the same—or more—health than a deathclaw.
- † Cross is wearing a unique variant of power armor, ed id FollowersOutfitCross, base id 00066c73, though it does not have better statistics than any other power armor and is indeed simply called power armor.
- Cross holds the 3rd highest rank in the Citadel, behind Owyn and Sarah Lyons.
- Cross can be recruited even if you already have one (or more) followers, when speaking with her for the first time (having good karma & not insulting her or your father) she will ask you if she can ask you a difficult question, if you respond to that with: "I don't suppose I can stop you" she will join you regardless of how many followers you already have. (a recent update for consoles has fixed this)
- Like many people in The Citadel, when you start Take it Back! Star Paladin Cross will only spout lines such as "For Elder Lyons!" and "Good Luck!"
- Cross bears a close resemblance to the character Martha Washington (particularly in Martha Washington Goes to War) that appears in Frank Miller's Give Me Liberty comic book series.
 Notable quotes
- "There is a foul stench on the wind. Let us not tarry for long."
- "I shall reflect on battles past and battles to come until your return."
- "In the words of Elder Theus: a Brother well-equipped is a brother keeping to his duty."
- "Helping the people of the Wasteland is of the utmost to the Lyons Doctrine."
- "Make no mistake; your father would be proud of what you have done."
Cross appears only in Fallout 3.
- Sometimes, if Cross dies in battle, you will receive a message many in-game weeks later, stating that "Star Paladin Cross has returned to the Citadel."
- If you tell Cross to wait, then reopen dialogue with her later, she will act as if you hadn't told her to wait and have normal dialogue, but she will still remain in that spot indefinitely. Firing her and rehiring her can fix this, but remember that you must have good Karma to rehire her.
- If you make her hostile towards you as a companion she will not have a unique line when spoken too but instead talk as if she is still a follower. If you tell her to switch to a new weapon, she will attack you with it upon exiting the conversation.
- If you give Star Paladin Cross items to carry for you, she will fail to move. The only way to get her to move again is to take the items back, dismiss her, and then ask her to again become your follower (before she is gone).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Cross: "I am Star Paladin Cross, Keeper of the ARM, and Seneschal to Elder Lyons."
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.98: "Star Paladin Cross is the highest ranking Brotherhood of Steel soldier in the Citadel, but she no longer works in the field. Instead, she now serves Elder Lyons's trusted bodygaurd and advisor. It is well known that Star Paladin Cross has been technologically enhanced so that she no longer needs to eat or sleep. She is, in fact, a cyborg. The change occurred several years ago, after Cross was critically injured defending Elder Lyons while out in the field; Scribe Rothchild preformed the enhancement operation that saved Cross's life. But there's something even more important about Star Paladin Cross-she's none other than the Brotherhood of Steel soldier who helped save the player's life as a baby. Cross helped Dad get through the Super Mutants and escorted them all the way to Megaton."