Enclave eyebots are robots found in the Capital Wasteland in 2277.
Eyebots were originally designed by RobCo Industries before the Great War to act as media transmitters.
Eyebots are spherical robots, a little larger than the human head, with a loudspeaker on the front and several long antennas protruding from its top and back. They are used by the Enclave on the East Coast to broadcast Enclave propaganda, presidential speeches, and patriotic marching music to the people of the Capital Wasteland in the form of their own radio station.
Eyebots are hardly strong opponents, and the fact that they are (initially) friendly and will attack enemies that engage the player or other wastelanders, means that they are more beneficial than anything else. However, once the player finishes the quest "The Waters of Life", or engages them in combat, they can pose a threat, especially in the former case where they will turn hostile if Enclave patrols are under attack.
The eyebot is armed with a zapper, roughly equal in strength to a laser pistol. It is frighteningly accurate with this weapon, and will rarely miss, even over considerable distances. While not a very damaging opponent, the eyebot's mobility, small size and high accuracy can make it a threat, especially if encountered in packs. Fortunately, they are the most fragile robot in the game and easily destroyed, even with fists. When killed, an eyebot will explode, causing minor damage to anything nearby.
The normal eyebot normally encountered in the wastes is hardly a threat except to very low level players, having a weapon similar to the AEP7 laser pistol, and the least health of all robots in the game. They can easily be identified at a distance, due to the fact that they emit a small buzzing sound from flying, and they noisily broadcast Enclave radio, constantly spewing patriotic songs, and the inspirational speeches of John Henry Eden.
|Name (Base ID)||Statistics||Behavior||Abilities||Items|
Unaggressive: Will not initiate combat.
Foolhardy: Will never flee or avoid anyone.
Helps allies: Will help allies.
|Ranged (1 )Electrical zap (5 )Enclave broadcast effect Radiation resist. 100% Poison resist. 100%|
Brotherhood Outcast eyebot[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
It seems that at one point in development, the eyebot was considered a generic robot like the protectron, et al, as opposed to an Enclave-specific model. There are textures for an Outcast variant of the eyebot, (but not model or unused GECK creature) and textureless eyebot models for the United States Armed Forces, Brotherhood of Steel, and Enclave versions (the model used in-game is the generic version, not Enclave). None of these robots can be summoned in-game without modding.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- Eyebots disabled using the Robotics Expert perk will hover in the air instead of dropping to the ground.
- In the scavengers house at the Charnel house, you can find a deactivated eyebot which can be looted for scrap metal.
- Crow will give you a helmet made out of an eyebot called Crow's eyebot helmet if you invest sufficiently in him.
- Another version, just called eyebot helmet, can be found during the final portion of The Waters of Life quest. A few raiders can also be seen sporting these eyebot helmets at certain Enclave camps.
- In a random encounter, two wastelanders are conversing over an Enclave eyebot, one of them stating "I bet it's spying on us." The wastelanders will have a lengthy discussion about how strange the eyebots are. Notably, this particular eyebot will in turn be observing them instead of patrolling as normal.
- Certain eyebots roaming the wastes may cause a Vertibird to land at the site and drop off a patrol should the player attack it. The chance of this is partially dependent on the player's Luck; a lower Luck makes a higher chance. Approximately 56 of the total 117 roaming eyebots roaming the wastes may cause such an event if destroyed by the player.
- Some eyebots are stronger than others, while most will get killed by a small creature or raider. Some, like the two outside of the Super-Duper Mart, can kill two raiders with ease.
- If the player destroys Raven Rock, the eyebots will stop transmitting Enclave radio messages and only play static.
- Eyebots are neutral to the Lone Wanderer, but if he/she attacks an Enclave soldier in an eyebot's presence, the eyebot will become hostile.
- Eyebots are one of only two robots in Fallout 3 that cannot be looted once they are destroyed. The other being turrets, as both completely explode after their HP is depleted.
These Eyebots appear only in Fallout 3.
Brotherhood of Steel Outcast eyebot
- ↑ Tour guide: "Ready for the REPCONN tour, Rocketeers? Courtesy of the fine folks at RobCo, I'll be your guide today on the path of... Scientific. Discovery. In the lead-lined case behind me is a spent radioactive rod from of our old reactors. No need to stand too close, let's move along, shall we? Look here - a row of multi-colored plasma fuels! Careful, they may look safe to drink, but your stomach is the last place they should be. Why the difference in cylinder size? Refining our production methods has resulted in higher yields of fuel over time, that's why! To my right you can see a sample of some old "safety barrels" REPCONN once used to store radioactive waste. Perfectly safe. On my left is an example of a mountain of REPCONN safety barrels some legislators claim are poisoning our environment. Ridiculous. Behind me is our most recent rocket project, which we're keeping under our hats... until "launch," if you'll pardon the expression. And in front of me is a model - not actual size - of the launch dome we are using to send our rockets screeeeaming into orbit. Now these colorful fellows behind me are REPCONN's earliest... experiments in flight. Feel free to read the plaques and learn, Rocketeers! Now for the highlight of our tour! Due to a generous donation from RobCo, this next exhibit showcases the wondrous world of - robots! Around you are the incredible Eyebot, the fearsome Sentry Bot, and the always-helpful Mr. Handy. That helpfulness runs through our whole line! This is the final stop on our tour. This model of our solar system is a small example of where the partnership between RobCo and REPCONN hopes to go. See those little rockets zipping about? They are manned by robots, tirelessly looking for resources to mine on planets beyond our own. And that's it for our tour today, Rocketeers - RobCo and its tiny partner REPCONN thank you! Any further questions, please, feel free to ask."
(Tour guide's dialogue)
- ↑ REPCONN headquarters placard: ""The 'I' in 'Eyebot.'""
"RobCo's always had an eye for robotics, and this little fellow is no different! This robotic marvel can not only recognize your face and voice with advanced facial and auditory recognition technology, it can also broadcast video and audio as well! Think of it - all the sights and sounds of your radio and TV in your living room at home blasted directly at you on the street, subway, bathroom, or wherever you may be! Never fear, you'll never miss a news bulletin or presidential address again, no matter where you are!"
"Exhibit Brought to You By Your Friends at RobCo."
|Military and security||Turrets||Automated turret · Auto-cannon · Gun turret · Laser turret · Turret robot|
|Floating robots||Eyebot (Duraframe Eyebot · Prototype Eyebot · Sparks) · Floating eye · Hover robot · Mister Gutsy (Hardened Mister Gutsy, Ironbelly, Cerberus Sawbones, Sergeant RL-3, Hoover) · Security robot|
|Walkers||Argos · Behemoth · CRB-S · Gasbot · Gun robot · Humanoid brain bot · Humanoid robot (Gloating robot, HR 1200, HR 1205, HR 2999) · Kamikaze robot · Laser robot · Liberty Prime · Pacification robot · Protectron (Deputy Weld, Fisto, Primm Slim) · Robo-scorpion (X-42 giant robo-scorpion) · Scurry robot · Sentinel ·Type II sentry bot · Tesla robot|
|Tracked and wheeled robots||Gatling laser security robot · Protect-O-Bot · Robobrain (Masterbrain, Skynet) · Securitron (Jane, Marilyn, Victor, Yes Man, 010011110110111001100101, Muggy) · Type I sentry bot (Hardened Sentry Bot, Prototype Sentry bot, RY-589 Ultimo bot, Sparky)|
|Utility||General||Assistant robot ·Maintenance robot · Mister Handy (Andy, Crazed Mister Handy, Godfrey, Job, Mobile facial recognition scanner, Mister Buckingham, Mr. Janitor, Prototype Mister Handy, Rhonda, Tour guide, Unit 462, Sparks, Wadsworth) · Service robot · Think tank · Walking eye|
|Medical||Medical Eyebot · Mr. Orderly (Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS) · Sawbones|
|Industrial||Agricola robot · Construction drone (Construction drone foreman, The Custodian) Loadlifter robot · Maintenance robot ·Mr Steel · Python ·Repair Eyebot · Tank track robot|
|Commercial||Sunset Sarsaparilla eyebot · Vendortron|