Fallout 4 FAQ
- 1 Production and release details
- 1.1 General
- 1.1.1 What is Fallout 4?
- 1.1.2 When was it published?
- 1.1.3 Is is an MMORPG?
- 1.1.4 Is it the same as Fallout: New Vegas?
- 1.1.5 Who made and published Fallout 4?
- 1.1.6 What is Fallout 4 be rated?
- 1.1.7 Is it made by people who made previous Fallouts?
- 1.1.8 Will we see characters from previous Fallout games appear in Fallout 4?
- 1.1.9 Is Fallout 4 really capped to 1080p 30 FPS?
- 1.1.10 Is Fallout 4 be moddable on PC?
- 1.1.11 Is Fallout 4 be moddable on consoles?
- 1.1 General
- 2 References
Production and release details
What is Fallout 4?
Fallout 4 will be a futuristic post-apocalyptic RPG set in an alternate universe based on 50s pulp sci-fi, as if the world had stopped in the optimistic 50s and found itself on a dystopian post-apocalyptic reality. It is a sequel to the games Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout 3.
When was it published?
Fallout 4 was speculated to be the game Bethesda has had in pre-production since at least August 2010. A past reference implied that the game was in production in at least January 2013, when Erik Todd Dellums, the actor who voiced Three Dog in Fallout 3, tweeted that the character may soon return, and later clarified that he was given official permission to post the tease, which means that more details are likely to follow soon. On June 3rd 2015, after a day long countdown, the official trailer for Fallout 4 was uploaded to Bethesda's official website, and the game was released six months later on November 10, 2015.
Is is an MMORPG?
No, it is a single-player game, like previous Fallouts. However, Bethesda might also develop a Fallout Online in the future.
Is it the same as Fallout: New Vegas?
Who made and published Fallout 4?
What is Fallout 4 be rated?
Due to the general mature themes in the Fallout universe, as well as the gore that is so prevalent throughout the game, it was rated M by the ESRB and PEGI-18 by the PEGI.
Is it made by people who made previous Fallouts?
Will we see characters from previous Fallout games appear in Fallout 4?
Is Fallout 4 really capped to 1080p 30 FPS?
Yes and no. Fallout 4 is capped to 1080p and 30 fps on PS4 and Xbox One. It will not be limited in any way on PC.
Is Fallout 4 be moddable on PC?
Yes. Todd Howard plans for Fallout 4 to have the same level of mod support as Skyrim.
Is Fallout 4 be moddable on consoles?
Yes. Fallout 4 will be moddable on Xbox One and possibly PS4. Todd Howard stated there are safety measures in place to stop players from breaking the game as easily on console.
- Eurogamer interview with Todd Howard
- Possible Fallout 4 tease by Erik Todd Dellums
- Bethesda Softworks