- If you are new to wikis, you may want to check out the help pages and policies and guidelines.
- If you want to help but you are not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by expanding them. Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that do not exist yet.
- If you want to experiment with editing a wiki, please do it in a sandbox, not in articles.
Dear Vault dwellers, this is the Automated Overseer speaking:
We would like to announce that in accordance with Vault Specifications for Card Games and Other Forms of Gambling (unified text from 25th May, 2077), GarouxBloodline has started preparations for a Vault-wide card game tournament: Tragic: The Garnering.
To the first official tournament for a trading card game known as Tragic the Garnering. For those unfamiliar with TtG, I have written up a short introduction at the bottom of this blog that will help everyone become familiar with the concept, and its relevance towards Fallout and its community. Now, onto the details of the tournament, and what is to be expected.
How to enter:
- You must have a registered account! If a bureaucrat is willing to step forward and help check I.P. addresses, then the anonymous are welcome as well, so long as we have assurances that there are no duplicate competitors. Bureaucrats are not to be approached, however; they may volunteer if they are comfortable with helping. The anonymous are also welcome should they identify themselves with a registered account on this wiki.
- There are steps that need to be taken before you can begin a match with your opponents. This will require downloading files, which I hold full responsibility for as to their authenticity. If you are not comfortable with downloading files from any particular source, we do have alternative methods available to help suit personal preferences.
- Once the first two requisites have been met, one simply needs to to register their name as a comment on this blog. Please structure your comment as follows:
- Username or nickname (should you be an approved anonymous competitor).
- A short statement agreeing to show good sportsmanship, by respecting other competitors and alerting the game masters within a reasonable time-frame should you not be able to make it to a match on time, or at all.
- A declaration of whether you are new, an amateur, or a professional Magic the Gathering player. If you declare yourself as new or as an amateur, also attach a note should you desire extra assistance during matches to help you become better acclimated to the rules and playing board. Our game masters will stand-by, typically through the use of Skype, to help clarify/mediate any questions/incidents.
Once you have successfully been registered, you will be given a choice:
1. Choose a pre-built starter deck, which are soundly structured, but also use lesser cards. Colour options are as follows: white, blue, black, green or red.
2. Receive 5 booster packs (50 cards). These packs are random, meaning there is a moderate chance of not being able to create a structurally sound deck using the cards received. Each booster pack holds 1 rare, 2 uncommons, and 7 commons, which will make for a much larger variety of card choice to pull from, and has the chance to provide better cards than what can be found in starter decks. Basic lands are freely available, and as many as you like can be used within your deck (we recommend 20 or less). Each deck must be made up of 60 cards, and only using cards that you received through us (we will keep tabs on which cards each player has available to them).
Time to play!
Now that you have built your deck, I would like to take this chance to explain what you are up against. Every game will be a 1v1 match, in which you will be paired off against random players at first, and then those that fit your same skill-set as you progress up the ladder. Once the champion has been declared, they will face off against me, in which I will be using a specialized deck using cards from our upcoming expansion set. This will be a challenge, as the expansion set will be addressing synergy. But if you manage to beat me, you will also win whichever deck you played against!
- 3rd Prize - A booster pack and the option to showcase your game within the Hall of Fame.
- 2nd Prize - A booster pack, the option to have a spoof card made specifically for you, and the option to showcase your game within the Hall of Fame.
- 1st Prize - A booster pack, the option to have a spoof card made specifically for you, 3 random legendaries in which you may pick one for keeps, and the option to showcase your game within the Hall of Fame.
- Grand Prize - A new deck made up of cards from our yet to be released expansion set! If you want an early advantage over other players, this is the prize you want to shoot for.
- There is a 'save game' function on the playing board that we will be providing for the tournament. Both players need to save their games after winning/losing, and then they need to send in the saved game files to our game masters for review before the next matches are set up. If a competitor forgets to save their game, and should either of the players not consent to the winner/loser, then the player that did not save their game will be disqualified from the main tournament unless exceptional circumstances are involved. However, should other competitors forget, you will be brought back in to fight against each other for a small prize as a thanks for showing an interest in the game. The only set-in-stone exception to this rule is if both players consent as to who won, and who lost.
- All players must use cards that were given to them by game masters. Within this tournament, this means you may only use cards received from booster packs or starter decks. If you use a card not given to you from these two sources, within this tournament, you will be disqualified.
- Mistakes are made, and sometimes rules are unintentionally broken. If said mistakes are fixed in-game, no points will be deducted. However, major mistakes that are made, and that are not rectified in-game, will result in our deduction of a point from you. For every 5 points exceeded, you will be bumped down from the prize pool positions. For instance, if you win 1st place, yet you have 7 points deducted, you will be bumped down to 2nd place, instead.
- Blatant cheating and poor sportsmanship will obviously not be tolerated. Both of these will not only result in your disqualification, but also in your cards being taken back so that they may not be used in future hosted tournaments.
If you are new to Magic the Gathering, or you are unfamiliar with certain rules, I have created a thorough guide to help explain the game to you, which can be found in the guide section at the beginning of this blog. If the guides are not enough, I will make sure to have game masters on the side, through the use of Skype or other similar programs, to act as a mentors/mediators.
- If you are unable to see the stats of your opponents cards, that means your card.info.dat file is either outdated or corrupted. Please download the file again for the latest version available to the public.
Tragic the Garnering was first introduced in Fallout 2, as a spoof to the widely popular trading card name known as Magic the Gathering. I have taken that spoof, to create my very own, and free-to-play version of Tragic the Garnering, which pools together elements from all sorts of sci-fi, from games such as Fallout and Wasteland. Utilizing two programs known as the Magic Set Editor and Magic:Apprentice, I have brought this concept to life, and am now releasing Tragic the Garnering for the enjoyment of all wasteland/apocalyptia lovers.
The Hoax Season is upon us, Vault dwellers. A FAKE trademark for a Fallout: Shadow of Boston has been submitted for registration with the Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt, by one Ann K. Ford from Paris, on behalf of Bethesda Softworks. VG247 points out it's consistent with the leaks for a similar title from February, the reality is that the title is misspelled (what company misspells its own flagship title?) and the IMDb listing for it is long gone.
Why were we calling BS on this? Here's the raisins:
- No such trademark has been submitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and submitting it there first is the general practice of the company (The Skyrim trademark was filed for in June 2010 at the USPTO).
- Ann K. Ford (DLA Piper) is the U.S. Chair of the Trademark, Copyright and Media Practice of the company. In Washington, D.C., not Paris.
- If it was Bethesda, it would be doing it via DLA Piper UK, as seen in this DPMA entry.
- Not to mention, all Bethesda trademarks are registered to its parent company, Zenimax Media, not Bethesda Softworks. Example.
- The European Union's Office for the Harmonization of the Internal Market only requires the payment for registration to be made within 30 days of filing, not at the moment of submission. Check it yourself.
- Bethesda's next installment will be called Fallout 4 or Fallout IV. That's why Skyrim is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, not The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.
Once it's deleted, you can read it here, in case you want to show it to your children.
Fellow Vault dwellers, Gamepedia has recently underwent a major upgrade into MediaWiki 1.23. Due to the changes introduced, we have also reskinned the wiki into a more minimalist, low maintenance skin. This is the stage one change, but as with all major changes, there can be issues. Your help in locating and identifying them will be greatly appreciated! Please leave your questions, opinions, and queries in comments below or on our Facebook page. Thank you!
Mick @Michael_F1967 @DCDeacon So Bethesda are on a list for Gamescon, apparently its an action-adventure RPG. I wonder what it could be?
Pete Hines @DCDeacon
@Michael_F1967 the evil within and eso. now you can stop wondering”
Back to patiently waiting!
As stated on the official GamesCom site, Bethesda Softworks Zenimax Germany GmbH (Bethesda, for short) will attend the expo.
What's the kicker? This:
This exhibitor shows the following products and commodity groups:
Click on a commodity group to search for exhibitors of this group..
ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (GAMES)
- Action / Adventure
- Role-playing games
Is it Fallout 4? The Elder Scrolls VI? Wolfenstein: The Newer Order? Regardless of the actual reveal, we will keep you posted (and, if possible, be there when it happens).