that Stealth Boys generate a modulating field that transmits the reflected light from one side of an object to the other?
that there were 17 vaults which actually worked as advertised?
that John Carmack of id Software would want to someday work on a Fallout iPhone game?
that jet is actually synthesized from brahmin dung fumes?
- If you are new to wikis, you may want to check out the help pages and policies and guidelines.
- If you want to help but you are not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by expanding them. Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that do not exist yet.
- If you want to experiment with editing a wiki, please do it in a sandbox, not in articles.
Hello everyone. As some of you already know, my name is Leon, and I was a regular contributor on The Vault, back when it was still being hosted by Wikia. Over the past 4-5 months, I have been expanding my presence on various communities, and now, I am hoping to, once again, become a part of The Vault family. With that in mind, one of the first steps I would enjoy taking, is helping establish more community content here at The Vault. Specifically, in the form of providing weekly news digests for both our readers and our editors to enjoy. The first WND will be established on 1/13/15, and will continue to update most Tuesdays thereafter. Here is what I am looking to include within every WND:
1. A summary of current affairs around the wiki. This might include, but is not limited to:
- Recognition for active editors
- A list of users that have joined over the week, leading up to each WND
- Wiki aesthetics that have been changed
- New projects, or ones that have been completed
2. News over Fallout, LIONHEART, or Wasteland. Depending on how the community and/or administrators feel, this news might also cover both our direct affiliates, and our sister wikis.
3. Weekly polls - community members may propose poll ideas at their own leisure, whether on here, through independent WNDs, or through my talk-page.
4. Weekly contests (depending on wiki activity, there might or might not be a contest on a weekly basis - if this is the case, I will simply keep contests going until there are enough active participants).
5. Social media news, if there is any, from recognizable figure-heads such as Joshua Sawyer, Pete Hines, or Mr. Chris Avellone. Such news will only be relayed if the content is relatable to this wiki in some form or fashion.
6. A section specifically dedicated to covering a project that the community and/or administration feels needs special exposure. Anyone may propose a project, and incentives are a possibility being looked into. This section may run for multiple WNDs, depending on urgency/importance.
This is just the generic set-up I am looking to implement here, and might not ultimately represent every, or any of the future releases. If anyone would like to provide feedback on what they would want to see in a WND, then please, take this chance to let me know, so that I can take every idea into consideration before the first release.
Thank you for reading everyone, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone next Tuesday! If there are any concerns, please shoot me a message over on my talk-page, and I will respond as soon as possible (which might be a while, depending on my work-schedule for the day).
Merry Christmas, to everyone here at The Vault. For those that do not celebrate Christmas, I would like to wish you a Happy Holidays as well, no matter if you celebrate Ramadan, Hanukkah. Kwanzaa, Omisoka, or even St. Lucia Day. Stay safe, and here is hoping that with the new year, we will be rewarded for our patience *cough*, and news of the next title might grace the Fallout community. Thank you for reading everyone. GarouxBloodline (talk) 01:11, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
Brian Fargo has clarified in a statement to IGN's inquiry that the Meantime and Van Buren trademarks are not related to inXile's future plans. Let the speculation commence.