Did you know...
that Fallout 3 was originally supposed to have three different body types?
- If you are new to wikis, you may want to check out the help pages and policies and guidelines.
- If you want to help but you are not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by expanding them. Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that do not exist yet.
- If you want to experiment with editing a wiki, please do it in a sandbox, not in articles.
If you never played the classic Fallout games, now you have no excuse not to play them. GOG.com offers Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics completely free for the next 48 hours. All you need to do is register an account. Go!
Kotaku leaked documents that allegedly cover a casting call for Fallout 4. The contents of the documents released by Kotaku are fairly interesting, though they raise a couple of questions:
- A voiced main character has never been included in Bethesda Game Studios', except for Redguard.
- This would be the first game (excluding Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel) where the intro narration is not read by Ron Perlman, uncharacteristically for Fallout.
- How did the author confirm the authenticity of documents if Bethesda declined to comment?
As usual, we encourage skepticism. This may be legit or this may be the author of thesurvivor2299.com hoax releasing their script to Kotaku. Stay tuned for more information.
In the meantime, we hear the Wasteland 2 beta is here...
After nearly a month of the Fallout fan base buzzing about with rumors about a new Fallout game from a mysterious web address, The Survivor 2299 has taken a turn, likely to throw the fan base – redditors especially – into a riotous uproar.
On December 6, 2013, five days before the countdown was scheduled to end, the site initially produced a YouTube video to Rick Astely's "Never Gonna Give You Up", but was soon updated to a non-cryptic "THAT'S IT TUNNEL SNAKES" and a YouTube remix of Butch DeLoria's catchphrase, "Tunnel Snakes rule!" Soon after, the website linked to another YouTube video; this time, a single violin, dismally lamenting. The site also thanks r/Fallout, "the most amazing community on reddit." The website was constantly re-updating, taking the blame off people that could be construed as having been involved in the openly admitted hoax. Among these pardoned are YouTube user 'Elevated Level', Butch DeLoria, Polish web designer Pytor, Liam Neeson and creator of tunnelsnakesrule.com
Whether you were hanging on the website's every sporadic update or speculated it was a hoax from the beginning, we all learned a valuable lesson: always take too-good-to-be-true developments with a grain of salt. Oh, and also that the Tunnel Snakes apparently rule.
As you may have noted, the first countdown on the Survivor website ended. That must be exciting, right? Well, not quite.
KVNGR REV ALPHA PPS VT PIZ UHMYLPVOQ CM XHWMZP. NBJB SPI'F BYQS QT D'Y BYFGEOB FI VQDYL MAQ. -NGQHT 5120- Nuclear winter has come”
The above message appeared on the site, after it crashed and burned. The message has been decoded by /r/fallout and means:
THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON'T HELP US I'M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS”
There is also a new Morse code:
Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations. This is Overseer of Vault 119. Emergency. Unknown enemy. SOS SOS SOS. Vault 119. Quabbin. 7667. SOS SOS SOS. Vault 119. Quabbin. 7667. Enemy unkno-”
Such drama. Cue thunder clap.