that White Noise is a sound designed to open up its target to posthypnotic suggestions?
that all testers of the first batch of Nuka-Cola Quantum suffered severe internal organ failures and died within three days of ingestion?
- If you are new to wikis, you may want to check out the help pages and policies and guidelines.
- If you want to help but you are not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by expanding them. Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that do not exist yet.
- If you want to experiment with editing a wiki, please do it in a sandbox, not in articles.
QuakeCon has come and gone and with it, the exclusive Fallout 4 presentation intended purely for congoers. However, we live in an age where information is power - power that cannot be contained. Thanks to Fawkes of NewFallout.com, we now have access to a transcript of the presentation. Together with GarouxBloodline's liveblog and snippets from Jake Raybon, we have a pretty accurate image of the presentation!
Hello, fellow Vault Dwellers! I am here today, to present our community with information regarding Fallout news at this year's QuakeCon. I have a few people on the inside giving me information straight from the source, and now I am here to relay that information to all of you! Please stand-by, as I will be updating this blog constantly. Enjoy, and thanks for joining us during this exciting time! GarouxBloodline 19:00, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
Fallout 4 News:
- A museum has been confirmed as a location, where a painting is emphasized upon.
- The Mr. Handy companion (Codsworth) is shown calling the player-character everything from Shaun, to Fuckface.
- River, the lead level-designer for Fallout 4, has a dog that was used to create the model for Fallout 4's Dogmeat.
- The Sole Survivor is shown firing a minigun from the side of an airship - confirming that air combat is not restricted to vertibirds
- Preston has been confirmed as a permanent companion, should he be accepted as one.
- As an alternative to Preston, a lass named Piper can be found at Diamond City.
- Piper is seen, by default, to be wearing a red leather coat, and an old-fashioned newsboy hat.
- Preston and Piper, along with Dogmeat and Codsworth, are only 4 companions out of "...around a dozen available companions."
- Pip-Boy display size has been increased in-order to show off more content that previous iterations of Bethesda's Fallout.
- Confirmed items: Nukes, gas-masks, books, and med-packs.
- Player-character can become incumbered, and is seen being murdered by a raider due to their inability to escape.
- Perks are confirmed for every level unlocked - unlike the previous system where a perk was unlocked every 2 levels.
- Bloody Mess was confirmed as an available perk.
- A town called Lexington, in MA, was attacked by ghouls, chasing the previous survivors there off, with the PC being told that a group has taken up recent residence there.
- Hacking has been confirmed - the PC is seen hacking a nearby terminal in-order to make a nearby and patrolling Protectron friendly towards them.
- There is a scripted scene, where after the PC picks up a nearby laser musket within a Super Duper Mart, they will be ambushed by a group of ghouls that break through some nearby windows.
- A Corvega power plant is a confirmed location in Fallout 4. Raiders have taken up residence, and shortly after their presence becomes known, ghouls attack the plant and raiders.
- A metal pipe with razor edges is confirmed as a melee weapon. It is seen to be effective against low/medium armored raiders.
- The PC is seen in a town-square, where an airship comes by and drops off two Brotherhood of Steel soldiers donning power armour.
- BoS are confirmed to be at least temporarily allied with the PC, as they are seen fighting with the PC in-order to clear out nearby raiders.
- Fat Man has been confirmed as an available weapon (duh!)
- A behemoth is seen attacking the PC and their BoS allies, in which the fat-man is used to take it down with great effectiveness.
- Companion romances have been confirmed, which includes same-sex romances. Whether this extends to Dogmeat and Codsworth, is unknown. ;)
The Demo for Fallout 4 has officially ended. Thanks for joining us! If more Fallout 4 is revealed, or if I missed something, I will still continue to update this blog.
Fallout: Shelter News:
- Deathclaws will now periodically attack your vault(s), and other attacks have been alluded to.
- Mr. Handy has been added. He will clean-up and pick-up items around your vault(s).
- In-doubt until now, the Android variation of Fallout: Shelter has been confirmed, and will be released soon - August 13th is the currently set release-date.
IGN was running a live-blog as well over the Fallout events that just transpired over at QuakeCon. For those that want a different perspective on the event, or to compare notes, their live-blog can still be found here.
At QuakeCon 2015, Bethesda Softworks Vice President Peter Hines announced the release of a Fallout anthology, and what better way to store the anthology than inside a model mini nuke that sounds an explosion at the push of a button?
Contained within the nuke is a compilation of five games for the PC (and only the PC): Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition. It is important to note that Fallout 4, Bethesda Game Studio's upcoming installment, will not be included in the anthology, but the mini-nuke does include space to store that game when it is released.
The anthology will become available to order starting September 29 for North America and October 2 for Europe.
It's been two weeks since Fallout 4 was revealed during Bethesda's pre-E3 E3 conference. The Fallout fan community has exploded like a supermutant hit with a rocket from a Rockwell BigBazooka. Let's recap what we know!