For the Republic, Part 2
For the Republic, Part 2
Solve the NCR's problems
 Quick walkthrough
- Help the NCR by cleaning up New Vegas and by investigating and eliminating problems in the Mojave Wasteland.
 Detailed walkthrough
 Great Khans
The Great Khans are a group of violent, and tough soldiers that have a grudge against the NCR. You can get them to cooperate by simply making a truce to them.
Colonel Moore will ask you to destroy the Great Khans. You may accept the task, or reject it and take a more diplomatic approach. Travel to the Great Khans' base in Red Rock Canyon and enter the Great Khan longhouse, which is up a cliff on the right.
- Option 1: Destroy the Khans. The player can attack Papa Khan in the longhouse. The other Khans present will become hostile. The player must then kill at least 15 other Great Khans to complete the quest.
- Option 2: Complete Oh My Papa.
After either killing all the Khans or completing Oh My Papa, return to Colonel Moore and inform her that the Khans are have been dealt with.
 The Omertas
Colonel Moore will inform you about the Omertas and send you to find out why they have been so silent lately. Head to Gomorrah and surrounding areas on the New Vegas Strip and investigate the Omertas and their motives of operation. It turns out they're trafficking weapons and the bosses need to be stopped.
 Mr. House
Colonel Moore tells the player she wants Mr. House and his substantial influence out of the picture. Return to Lucky 38 and take the elevator the penthouse level. Use a terminal to the left of Mr. House to open the antechamber. To do this you need 75 science, the Lucky 38 VIP keycard (which can be found on Chief Hanlon's desk in Camp Golf or in H&H Tools Factory), or the Platinum Chip. Doing so will result in all the Securitrons in Mr. House's suite becoming hostile and will cause you to fail the quest The House Always Wins
Enter the antechamber, and activate the terminal near the elevator to unlock the elevator to the control room. Active the terminal in the control room, and choose to "Unseal LS chamber" to expose Mr. House's body. Go behind the terminal and speak with Mr. House. Return to the control room terminal and select an option. Doing so will result in failing The House Has Gone Bust!, and all options result in negative Karma.
Disable Cerebral Interface which disconnects Mr. House, but keep him alive. Kill him when he is exposed. Take the elevator back to Mr. House's suite and return to Moore at the Hoover Dam.
 Brotherhood of Steel
 Positive reputation with the Brotherhood of Steel
If the player has completed Still in the Dark, stayed on good terms with the Brotherhood, and McNamara remains Elder, a truce can be signed between the Brotherhood and the NCR. Go to McNamara and tell him the NCR wants them destroyed, he will offer a truce. Return to Colonel Moore and speak to her about the offered truce. Doing so will complete the quest and begin You'll Know It When It Happens, but will earn the player infamy with the NCR.
It is possible that you will not be able to initiate dialog with Elder McNamara if you are in between Still in the Dark and Eyesight to the Blind. If this is the case you may need to exit the bunker and wait 2–3 days in order to be able to get any other dialog than McNamara being 'too busy to talk'. If Hardin becomes Elder, there is no peaceful resolution to this portion of the quest.
 No previous reputation with the Brotherhood of Steel
If the player has not interacted with the Brotherhood of Steel, they must go through an orientation by convincing a ranger in an adjacent bunker to leave, or enter the bunker with Veronica in your party. From here, one can continue down this path, complete Still In The Dark and forge an alliance between the Brotherhood and the NCR. Alternatively, one can wipe out the Brotherhood.
 Blow up the bunker
After you have gained the Brotherhood's trust, you can enter their bunker. Once you have access to the bunker, you need to steal 3 keycards from 3 main personnel in order to get the password for the self-destruct sequence or have a Science skill of 100, at the same time you can look for a bunker key for your escape later on. You need to go level L2 of the bunker, where you can find Elder McNamara, Head Paladin Hardin (or Head Paladin Ramos based on your choices) and Head Scribe Taggart. McNamara is found in his office; Hardin can be found to the left of the office in one of the three bedrooms. Taggart is in the self destruction room.
If you are unable or do not want to waste time picking the cards and your science skill is 100, you can hack the very-hard terminal to start the self-destruct sequence. Once you have all key cards, return to the room where Taggart is and obtain the password from the Override Code Generator terminal (green) next to the actual self-destruct terminal (blue). Now use the code on the self-destruct terminal to destroy the bunker. After activating the self-destruct sequence with the password, you will become a villain in the eyes of the Brotherhood. After leaving the bunker, the bunker will explode and there is a chance that there will be 5 paladins waiting to kill you before you can return to Colonel Moore.
Alternatively, you can kill everyone inside the bunker, after which you will get the message that the quest is complete. An easy way to clear level one is to go to the office on the left and kill Paladin Ramos. Then with a science skill of 75 or more, hack the computer on the wall and set the turrets to attack registered Brotherhood personnel. This will take care of almost all of the people on level one. Continue to level two and finish off the rest.
 Protecting President Kimball
Moore wants you to talk to Ranger Grant about protecting President Kimball during his visit to Hoover Dam. During the speech, a Legion sniper will attempt to take out Kimball, an espionage agent will set a bomb on Bear Force One, and a rogue engineer will attempt to stab him in an attempt to kill him. Prevent all these occurrences to save the president
- You cannot work for both Yes Man and Colonel Moore for this quest. If you get "You'll Know When It Happens" from Yes Man beforeyou get it from Colonel Moore, then you will be forced to play the rest of the game as a Wild Card rather than working for the NCR. In this case, Colonel Moore will ask you to protect President Kimball, but Ranger Grant will not respond to any attempts to talk, therefore, The quest cannot be completed. An easy way to avoid this is to ignore Yes Man completely, therefore preventing him from giving you the quest before you actually want it.
- Sometimes you can walk around the counter to Grant and he will initiate conversation about protecting the president even if you received the quest from Yes Man before the Colonel.
- Completion of The House Always Wins IV (or higher) will result in this mission being failed. Note that if you have already completed How Little We Know when you turn in The House Always Wins III then part IV will automatically completed and you will fail this mission.
- When speaking to a member of the NCR, they will mention Colonel Moore has accepted the Brotherhood of Steel's offer to aid them in battle, even if the player has not yet spoken to her about it.
- If you talk to Regis about his opinion on NCR the objective "Talk to Colonel Moore about a Great Khans/NCR alliance" is added, however there is no speech option with Moore regarding this.
- Wild Card: Change in Management's "Return to Yes Man". Killing Mr. House using the sterilize option causes endless notifications to appear of
Upon completing How Little We Know without speaking to LizaO'Malley in the NCR Embassy, For The Republic Part 2 will continuously say that you need to report back to Colonel Moore about killing (or creating a treaty) with the Khans. However you cannot talk to Colonel Moore upon returning to Hoover Dam.
- FIX: type setstage 136166 10 in the console - quest will be started over, but will just talk through the dialogs and be able to continue the quest as normal.
- FIX: Alternatively, use these console commands to fix the bug. (Note: They must be entered in this order)
- SetObjectiveDisplayed 136166 30 1
- SetObjectiveCompleted 136166 30 1
- If you foiled the Omerta's plans: SetObjectiveDisplayed 136166 35 1
- If you helped the Omerta's plans: SetObjectiveDisplayed 136166 36 1
- Upon entering the Bunker to deal with the Brotherhood of Steel one paladin stops you and presents a fight or surrender situation. If you surrender, you will have to hand over your items (If Veronica is not in Party). The items might not be given back to you, and simply vanish from the game.
- Hoover Dam you could get locked in. This can be fixed by either re-loading a saved state before you entered the Hoover Dam or by going to the Hoover Dam power plant 04 and finding the door which leads to the Dam's shut off valve. Once outside you can fast travel to any location. Once you are up to the point of finishing the quest, and you enter the
- Oh My Papa while Wild Card: Side Bets is active will not complete the Great Khans portion of For the Republic, Part 2, even if the Great Khans have agreed to help the NCR in the coming battle. Sometimes completing
- After talking to Colonel Moore and agreeing to check on the Omertas, if you then complete How Little We Know before speaking to the women in the embassy the quest marker will continually point towards her despite the fact she has nothing to say.
- After completing the Omerta mission and receiving the Mr. House mission if you walk back through the door to the Hoover Dam Power Plant 01 the Xbox 360 may freeze and go to a black screen. This can be avoid by going to the Hoover Dam Tower instead then, fast travel anywhere else.
- Even after the peace treaty with the Brotherhood of Steel, the NCR may randomly attack you if you have BoS power armor on.
- When starting the mission to protect President Kimball, make sure there aren't any Great Khans outside. Although they don't show up as enemies, when the mission restarts after "your suppose to get some rest" everyone will begin shooting at the Khan. You will be froze in place. So take care of any wandering Great Khans outside.