Let's wrap this thing up soldier! We're cold, we're tired, and we want our goddamn oil back!
General Constantine Chase was a pre-War U.S. Army General, remembered most for his command during the Anchorage Reclamation, a military operation that repelled Chinese forces from Alaska in January of 2077, and is first encountered in the year 2277 in the Anchorage Reclamation simulation.
Born on November 16, 2027, Chase was a very competent military officer, as evident by his successful completion of the Alaska campaign, but his personality was highly controversial. The General was responsible for commissioning the Liberty Prime project, as a solution to the Chinese problem in Anchorage, despite reports from RobCo and General Atomics researchers that such a combat robot was simply not feasible. Another one of his accomplishments is the making and distribution of the drug Psycho during the war to soldiers with his company General Chase R&D.
Furthermore, after January 2077, it seems he became increasingly arrogant and self-absorbed, to the point of personally overseeing the Virtual Strategic Solutions, Inc. project responsible for creating the Anchorage simulation, making alterations and demands that resulted in the simulation eventually becoming completely detached from what actually happened in Anchorage. Chase was also responsible for green lighting the unofficial implementation of a military Chinese invasion training protocol in Vault 112's Tranquility Lane simulation, at the request of Stanislaus Braun (officially, the request was denied).
According to the ribbons on the general's uniform, he was the recipient of the: defense distinguished service medal, army distinguished service cross, army distinguished service medal, silver star, legion of merit, joint service commendation medal, army commendation medal, Antarctica service medal, Armed Forces, expeditionary medal, gold lifesaving medal, and Armed Forces reserve medal.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
- Paving the Way: He will congratulate you for destroying the artillery barrage and give you on your next objectives.
- Operation: Anchorage!: He will appear after defeating Jingwei and inform you the simulation is now complete.
 Effects of player actions
- After your first briefing, he will tell you to talk to Thomas Morgan for squad details.
 Other interactions
- Chase cannot be pickpocketed.
- The player can obtain General Chase's overcoat aboard Mothership Zeta in the Mothership Zeta add-on. However, the version obtained on Zeta glitches, and renders as winterized combat armor when worn.
- He is the only non-player character in the game that smokes a cigar (as opposed to cigarettes).
- He sometimes salutes the PC despite being a higher rank than you, perhaps as recognition for a job well done.
 Notable quotes
- "I'll shove a size 10 combat boot up your candy ass."
- "That was a damn fine job you did taking out those guns! Damn fine!"
- "Uncle Sam's invested a lot of money into turning you into a killing machine. Time to pay him back."
General Constantine Chase appears in the Anchorage Reclamation simulation in the Fallout 3 add-on, Operation: Anchorage. In the base game, he is mentioned through historical references via computer terminals in the Citadel and inside the Tranquility Lane simulation.