Guess Who I Saw Today
Guess Who I Saw Today
Dead nightkin with a chewed-up Stealth Boy
- Go to Jacobstown.
- Speak with Doctor Henry.
- Head to Charleston Cave.
- Retrieve the chewed Stealth Boy.
- Return to Doctor Henry.
- Talk to Lily Bowen.
- Deal with Keene.
Go to the Jacobstown lodge and talk to Doctor Henry. He mentions on passing that nightstalkers around the town have become invisible lately, but really can't deal with because of his research dealign with the nightkin. Tell him you will help him with looking into why the local nightstalkers have begun turning invisible.
Meet with Lily, a smaller nightkin standing by the bighhorner pen outside the front of the lodge after accepting the quest. If you do not have a humanoid companion, you can invite her to come with you, but do not have to.
Exit Jacobstown and circle around to the northwest to locate Charleston Cave, and enter. Continue through the cave following your compass (generally moving downhill) while dispatching nightstalkers and eventually you'll come across a couple of bighorner bodies and a nightkin body, with Oh, Baby! next to it. Examine the nightkin and take his chewed Stealth Boy and you'll be prompted to return to Doctor Henry back in the Jacobstown lodge.
Back at Jacobstown, talk to Doctor Henry. He'll inform you that since the chewed Stealth Boy was a dead-end; using the Mark II Stealth Boy is the only remaining line of research available to him, and Lily is his best experimental subject. Talk to both the doctor and Lily; they both will agree to the experiment. It's a success but as soon as the doctor is finished, Keene enters the room and demands the Stealth Boy Mk. II specs.
Handle the situation with Keene:
- Pass a Speech check of 80, and Keene can be spoken down.
- Give him the specs and let him leave peacefully.
- Don't give him the specs causing him and two other nightkin to attack.
In the lodge, speak with Doctor Henry again and inform him on what you think should be done about the Mk. II prototype:
- If you can pass a Science check of 90 you can convince Henry to test the Stealth Boys on nightstalker brains.
- You can alternatively also inform the Doctor the risk is too great, and Lily should not wear it.
- You can also tell him you think Lily should continue to wear the Mark II prototype.
- This quest cannot be completed if For Auld Lang Syne has been completed, because Doctor Henry is no longer present in Jacobstown.
- No matter the outcome, the player will NOT be able to acquire the Stealth Boy mark II prototype.
|1||Look for the source of the nightstalker stealth mutation.|
|2||(Optional) Ask Lily to help you investigate the nightstalker mutations.|
|3||Tell Doctor Henry you've discovered a potential cause for the nightstalker mutations.|
|4||Talk to Lily about participating in Doctor Henry's experiment.|
|5||Tell Doctor Henry to proceed with the experiment once Lily is present.|
|6||Wait for Doctor Henry to complete the experiment.|
|7||Speak with Keene and try to defuse the situation.|
|8||Speak with Doctor Henry.|
|9||Decide whether or not Lily should continue to wear the Mark II prototype and inform Doctor Henry.|
Behind the scenes
"Guess Who I Saw Today" was a soft jazz song written by Murray Grand and performed by Elisse Boyd.
- If you manage to get to Doctor Henry before Lily arrives, you can still initiate the test. This will cause Henry to talk to the absent Lily and break the sequence, having Henry standing there unresponsive, waiting for Lily to act.
- Immediately after using the speech option with Keene telling Doctor Henry to do as he says, there will be a black screen crash.
- Eureka!" is active, Doctor Henry may not respond to you talking to him, resulting in it being impossible to finish the quest. If you come back to the lodge while the quest "
- If you ask Lily to help Doctor Henry while she is waiting in the Presidential Suite of the Lucky 38 without asking her to come with you, she will immediately leave to go speak to Doctor Henry. When you return to Jacobstown Lily will not be present anywhere, but you can still talk to Doctor Henry to initiate the quest. He will go through the dialogue one sentence at a time, and the only solution to get the quest finished is to leave the building and return to Doctor Henry after each line.
- Sometimes, if you beat Lily to the lodge trying to exit the building again will cause a black screen crash. There is no fix for this at this time aside from exiting the game, erasing all add-on content (including patches) and loading the game with out the add-ons.