Fallout 3 locations project
View from Moonbeam Outdoor Cinema
map over the hideaway
Background[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
This underground complex was originally a well-prepared shelter for a family of three - a husband, his wife Maggie, and their daughter Robin, established due to a mistrust of Vault-Tec. Fitted with air filtration, chemical toilets, an artesian well, and a fusion generator, it provided a long-stay option until radiation levels subsided. This could imply that the unnamed writer of the terminal entries is called Hamilton, and that this location was his hideaway.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
Layout[edit | edit source]
Just north of Moonbeam Outdoor Cinema and southeast of Northwest Seneca Station, Hamilton's Hideaway is a network of tunnels that sprout from one single tunnel. Multiple catwalks lead over rock which leads into a hallway constructed of metal. The weapons cache for Caching in with Three Dog is located in the northwest corner of the hideaway, through a hole in the left wall.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
The cave itself is populated with variants of radscorpions, radroaches, two or three raiders, and sometimes a giant radscorpion near the raider hideout. Outside the cave random enemies may spawn, mostly mole rats and mirelurks, harder enemies may spawn at higher levels.
- Some of these enemies will be dead when the player finds them, because radscorpions and raiders will fight each other.
- Sometimes 1 or 3 dead wastelander bodies (that may have spawned alive) will appear.
- At higher levels with Broken Steel installed, an albino radscorpion may be encountered.
- When fast traveling here, on some occasions 3-4 yao guai will spawn.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Duck and Cover!, on the counter in the room with the raiders along with cherry bombs.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum, on the same surface as the Duck and Cover!.
In the weapons cache[edit | edit source]
- Guns and Bullets, on a footlocker.
- Mini nuke, on a shelf.
- Stealth Boy, on a shelf.
- Notable amounts of common ammunition, and some frag grenades.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Hamilton's Hideaway appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The raider's lair