The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
So we should give up? Never! Better to die free than surrender to slavers. We attack, now!”— Hannibal Hamlin, Fallout 3.
Hannibal Hamlin is the leader of the Temple of the Union in the year 2277 and he is an escaped slave from Paradise Falls. He dreams of creating a safe haven for runaway slaves in the Lincoln Memorial.
Background[edit | edit source]
Born in 2240, Hamlin is a fanatical Abolitionist, stemming from his 23 years as a slave at Paradise Falls before he fled his captors. He has spent the last six of his 37 years doing everything in his power to help escaped slaves and fight the scourge of slavery. In 2274, he found Lincoln’s head and established the community of Temple of the Union to free all slaves from slavers, and keep run-away slaves hidden from their owners.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Head of State: Hannibal asks the player to check the Lincoln Memorial for super mutants and to get the Lincoln Memorial Poster for Caleb. When you get to the Lincoln Memorial you'll find out it's inhabited by Slavers. At this point you can tell Hannibal about the slavers or turn him, and everyone else, in to Leroy Walker. If you tell Hannibal about the slavers he'll ask you to kill them, and after killing them you can tell him it's safe to go to the memorial. As a reward he'll give you the schematics - dart gun.
- Lincoln's Profit Margins: Hamlin is one of the potential buyers for Lincoln-related artifacts.Pays more for "good" Lincoln artifacts like his diary, and less for "bad" ones like the John Wilkes Booth poster.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Chinese assault rifle*
|Temple of the Union key|
|No additional items|
* Only after arriving at the Memorial, by siding with the slaves.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hamlin's speeches about Lincoln is full of historical errors, due in part to the lack of historical knowledge caused by the Great War.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Hannibal Hamlin is named after Abraham Lincoln's first vice president, a staunch abolitionist.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Hannibal Hamlin appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.76: "Hannibal Hamlin
Hamlin is a fanatical Abolitionist, stemming from his 23 years as a slave before he fled his captors. He has spent the last 6 of his 37 years doing everything in his power to help escaped slaves and fight the scourge of slavery. Three years ago, he found Lincoln's head and established the community of Temple of the Union. Each day, Hamlin delivers antislavery speeches to the people of Temple of the Union."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)