The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Shoot'em, they die. Stab 'em, they die. Strangle 'em? They die.”— Irving Gallows, Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
He’s a quiet, kind of creepy man who isn't much liked by the Brotherhood members beyond the Pride. It’s been said that if an enemy is in the field and sees Gallows, he’s already dead. Gallows tends to disappear from time to time, which only adds to the mystery surrounding him. But it is well known among the other members of Lyons’s Pride that Gallows is actually out hunting and killing Super Mutants. At least, they HOPE they’re Super Mutants....
His specialty in the Lyons' Pride is Special Operations. While he gives no details about himself, other members mention that he is the only member of the Pride that never takes a break from "soldiering" and has no time for anything else, that he is somewhat alienated from the rest of his team, and that he often works alone (his night operations may have given him the highest super mutant kill-count out of the entire Pride).
Knight Captain Dusk does not trust him, Paladin Glade treats Gallows' mysterious nature as a joke, Paladin Kodiak thinks he's "not a bad guy" despite his aloofness, and Sentinel Sarah Lyons apparently appreciates his methods.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Gallows Humor: The other members of his squad have a betting pool to find out his real name. Make sure you ask about the Prize before revealing Gallows name.
- Take It Back!: While moving towards Project Purity with Liberty Prime he will assist you in battle.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Gallows is not very talkative, but the player can improve Gallows' disposition by repeatedly staying silent, "...", when they first meet, this will result in him saying, "I'm glad we understand each other." This will also slightly increase your percentage for the Speech Check regarding his name.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Lyons' Pride power armor|
Brotherhood power helmet
Merc troublemaker outfit
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since it is not possible to remove his helmet, it is not normally possible to see his face (another part of his secretive, silent nature). With console commands his helmet can be removed, revealing his face.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallows appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.80: "Knight Captain Irving Gallows
Gallows is the Pride's scout and stealth expert. He's a quiet, kind of creepy man who isn't much liked by the Brotherhood members beyond the Pride. It's been said that if an enemy is in the field and sees Gallows, he's already dead. Gallows tends to disappear from time to time, which only adds to the mystery surrounding him. But it is well known among the other members of Lyons's Pride that Gallows is actually out hunting and killing Super Mutants. At least, they HOPE they're Super Mutants...."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- The Lone Wanderer: "No one knows his name?"
Glade: "Nope. No one knows his name, where he comes from -- nothin'. He's a mean little bastard for sure. He'd be a Paladin by now for sure, except that he ain't got no interest in leadin'. Only killin'. I'm just glad he's on our side."