Where've you been for the last 100 years? In a closet? My father used to tell me stories about the War. His father was a soldier before starting Junktown.
Killian Darkwater is the mayor of Junktown, and the owner of Darkwaters general store in 2161.
Killian is the grandson of Junktown's founder, an American soldier who found himself without an allegiance after the nuclear holocaust devastated the planet. He is a tough, but fair, leader, aiming to make Junktown a safe and prosperous town for its citizens. He values law and order above all else, putting him at odds with the less reputable elements of the town's society, especially Gizmo, who resents Killian for "cramping" his business. Killian took over Junktown when his father died.
He wears his grandfather's dog tags around his neck, never parting with them.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
- Sells various wares
- Restocks inventory
- Get Gizmo's confession: The player may decide to help Killian obtain incriminating evidence on Gizmo.
- Take Revenge on Gizmo: After the foiled assassination attempt on Darkwater's life, he wants revenge and wants you to kill Gizmo.
- Kill Killian: Don Gizmo wants Mayor Darkwater dead.
- Save Killian's life: Don Gizmo wants Mayor Darkweater dead and hires a man to kill him. Protect Killian.
 Tell me about
| Killian's Tell-Me-Abouts
|| "Not much to say. Doc Morbid's pretty pissed 'cause their prices are lower for medical stuff. They're on the west side."
|| "The Death Claw? Oh, that's a bedtime story. Drinks blood and howls at the full moon. Yeah, right."
|| "Great place to get a cheap room. Not too dirty, either. But don't mess with the owner, Marcelles, she'll pull your arms out if you smart off to her."
| Darkwater, Killian
|| "Well, that's me. Where have you been?"
| Darkwater's, Darkwaters
|| "That's my store. You need it, I got it."
| Doc, Morbid
|| "Well, Doc owns a little place in the middle of the town. Does a nice patch job if you need it. Fairly reasonable prices."
|| "Gizmo owns the casino over on the east side. Named it after himself. Be very careful around him."
| Gizmo's, Gizmos
|| "Ah, Gizmo's is the casino by the entrance. I'm surprised you didn't notice it on your way in. You can usually smell the place for miles. But hey, it brings in the tourists."
|| "Well, the Hub's the main place for trade. Anything you don't find here you'll probably find in the Hub. Not sure how safe it is nowadays, with all those strange things going on."
|| "Well, the Khans are a bunch of bullies who live outside to the east. They've been trying to take over Junktown for as long as I can remember, but they never make it past the gates."
|| "Oh, Lars heads up the guards here. He's a good guy. Pretty trustworthy."
|| "That city's death. I sent two patrols down there and neither one of them returned."
| Pit, Pitt, Skum
|| "That's our resident bar. The food's okay, but the beer's great. The owner, Neal, takes no lip, not even from some of the Raiders that come in."
|| "Well, there are two kinds, the Khans and the Vipers. We usually don't get trouble from the Vipers, and a few of them actually pass through town. The Khans, though, they're a mean bunch. They think they can conquer the world, or some such crap."
| Sands, Shady
|| "Shady Sands? That's a little place up to the north. I'd like to do more trading with them."
|| "The Skulz are a bunch of punks who work for Gizmo. They don't cause that much trouble, but me and Lars keep an eye on them."
|| "Well, there're some rumors coming up from the Hub. Caravans disappearing, people being butchered, even some talk of big green monsters who eat human flesh. All sorts of weird stuff."
|| "Well Vinnie, he's one of the problem children. He leads a group of punks called the Skulz. Still, they pay the rent, and they haven't bothered anyone too much."
|| "The Vipers are a crazy bunch from up north. They worship snakes, or something."
|| "Where've you been for the last 100 years? In a closet? My father used to tell me stories about the War. His father was a soldier before starting Junktown."
- The random number of bottle caps in his inventory will reset any time you load a game or enter the area.
- After you talk to him for the first time - when Kenji enters the building - Killian's inventory changes. The exact details vary, but he will always have a new Desert Eagle if you buy or steal the first one from him.
- Killian's dog tags are lootable from his corpse whether or not Gizmo requested them for the proof of death.
- Killian bears a very strong physical resemblance to his voice actor.
- If you're caught picking any locks in the store, he will stop you. If you enter dialogue with him after that, you will be thrown in Junktown's jail.
Killian Darkwater appears in Fallout.
"Well, Junktown's not much, but it's home. Mostly we trade with people or let 'em forget their troubles for a bit."
"Well that's a damn fine coincidence! That's what this store's here for! We got about everything you can need. Let me show you some things over here . . ."
"Oh yeah, sure you do. And when you were a baby, your crib was a safe."
- ↑ KILLIAN.MSG, line 261
- ↑ OBJ DUDE.MSG