Fallout 3 locations project
|This page is about the location. For the pre-War company, see L.O.B. Enterprises (company).|
L.O.B. Enterprises, as seen from the street
L.O.B. Enterprises is an explorable building in Fallout 3, located in Falls Church. It can be reached by traveling through Grayditch, then to Marigold Metro Station, to reach the Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro, then head east, where it's right next to the Falls Church East map marker.
The company itself was involved with China before the war, and spent a lot of time and resources developing a new incendiary sidearm for them (known as "Project Zhu-Rong"). Rumors arose and subsequently spread of their activities, as one would expect, and L.O.B. Enterprises soon came under federal scrutiny, as political tensions rose between the United States and China. As a result of this, its employees were required to carry low-grade military weapons at all times, and received training in the event of a federal invasion, or nuclear exchange.
They were discovered by the authorities just hours before the Great War, and their the headquarters located at 18527 Fairford was invaded by government agents and local police. The assault robots are the only ones left, doomed to keep the building secure for all eternity.
It is divided into three areas: the main area, east wing, and enterprises archives. The building continues to be occupied by military robots after it was invaded by federal security agencies.
In 2077, shortly after Project Zhu-Rong's completion, the building was invaded by U.S. military security forces, comprised mostly of robots. Most of the employees of L.O.B. Enterprises safely evacuated the building in time, forcing a lock-down of the facility pending further federal investigation. However, the Great War broke out on October 23, and the U.S. military robots remained inside, keeping the premises secure for over two hundred years since that time.
 Notable loot
- It should be noted that this building (especially the archives section) contains a large number of components for custom weapons.
 L.O.B. Enterprises
- Pugilism Illustrated: On a shelf in the store room, northeast of the L.O.B Enterprises entrance.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum: On a shelf in the big office above the boiler room in the L.O.B. Enterprises area. There is one more directly below the staircase leading to the L.O.B. Enterprises East Wing Door in a Nuka-Cola Machine south of the one on the shelf.
- Laser rifle: Beside a locked ammunition box in a room right right next to the L.O.B. Enterprises East Wing door. It can be found with a skeleton near the Rifle.
- 10mm submachine gun: In a room directly east of the L.O.B. Archives entrance and North-North-East to the L.O.B. Main entrance. The room looks much like a cafeteria complete with many tables, a refrigerator and a Nuka-Cola Machine. A lot of Skeletons can also be found within the room, with the 10mm submachine gun found atop one of the tables.
 East wing
- Stealth Boy: As soon as you enter the East Wing, there is a reception area consisting of an alcove on the right with two desks, a coffee machine, filing cabinets and shelves. There are two terminals, one functioning security operations terminal, and another non-functioning terminal with the Stealth Boy.
- 2 pre-War books: Both of them are on the desk by the R&D Operations terminal but have also been seen in various places on the floor. The R&D room is the first accessible door on the left after reaching the top level of the east wing, same hallway as the CEO office.
- The R&D operations terminal is a very hard hack. If you hack it, you can read the progress reports on the prototype pistol.
- Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistol: East wing in the CEO's office in a metal case on a desk (hard lock, the key is in the CEO's desk and also unlocks the very hard door back to the hallway).
- Tumblers Today: Next to the computer monitor on the desk in the CEO's office.
- Mini nuke: On a light rafter in bathroom of CEO office, above toilet on the light.
- Combat armor and helmet: Follow the hallway to the left of the security operations terminal to a large pile of rubble with a small path between some filing cabinets. Turn to the right, it's in a metal box labeled Armor Case between two skeletons. There's also a 10mm SMG here with some ammunition.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual: Beside the employee terminal in the archives. Best way to get here is to head north from the entrance. Keep heading down the hallway until you see a Nuka-Cola machine to the left. Right next to it is a door that will head down to the archives. Once you enter the archives, go around the long cubicle wall, turn left. The book is next to the terminal on the desk. Looking at your local map, it's the east-northeast most room.
- Stealth Boy: In the generator area of the archives past the bathrooms. It's on a shelf on the eastern wall.
- The east wing is located up a flight of stairs to the west of the building [not the stairs at the entrance]. This may be a mistake or may just be that the building is facing south.
- While L.O.B. Enterprises does not show up on the Pip-Boy "world map", its entrance is marked on the Pip-Boy "local map". Fast traveling to Falls Church East places you right outside the building.
- L.O.B. Enterprises has the dubious distinction of having the most vacuum cleaners of any location. There are a total of 15 across its three zones. (There are 5 in the entrance, 7 in the archives and 3 the eastern wing.)
- Along with aforementioned vacuum cleaners, there are plenty of other components for workbench weapons, lunch boxes, paint guns, leaf blowers, motorcycle handbrakes, etc. All in the room to the right when you enter the building.
- There may be a sentry bot inside L.O.B. Enterprises on one of the upper floors. The higher the level the more sentry bots, at level 30 (Broken Steel add-on) it comprises mostly of sentry bots with a few robobrains and one or two protectrons.
- Another danger point is one of the entrances to the archives wing. The entire room is filled with explosive gases, and a Mister Gutsy patrols the room (sentry bots will patrol this room if the player has Broken Steel installed and is level 20+); his attacks can ignite the gas.
- There is a computer named "L.O.B. Enterprises - Sam Johnson's terminal" located in the main area that appears to be without power yet can be selected for some communications regarding sexual harassment against female employees by Mr. Johnson. To find it go through the right hand doorway on the ground level upon entry, turn right and follow the corridor around and turn through the left doorway and up the collapsed ceiling to the next floor; it's in the southwest corner of that room.
- In the east wing section, there is a bathroom with urinals, however on the outside of the bathroom it says Ladies. The men's bathroom next door does not have any urinals (This could be a prank by Sam before the bombs fell).
- Just to the right of entering the east wing there is a teddy bear sitting in a chair in front of the security operations terminal.
- In one terminal it is noted that in case of emergency the building should be evacuated via the archives. Although there is a section in the archives which looks alike the metro levels there is no visible connection to any metro.
- Setting Sergeant RL-3 essential will make every robot in the building essential, too. Making Sergeant RL-3 killable will allow the player to damage the robots again.
L.O.B Enterprises appears in Fallout 3.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 448: "Located at 18527 Fairford, L.O.B. Enterprises is still recognizable, east of the Super Mutant camp in the ruined office. Head up the steps to the only entrance door to this weapons manufacturer."