The laser detonator is a "weapon" in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road.
The laser detonator is a detonator powered with a microfusion breeder and using laser illumination to trigger the nuclear warheads found around the Divide. It fires a series of coded pulses of visible red frequency lasers similar to a laser designator and therefore dealing absolutely no damage to any organic creatures or robots. When the laser is aimed at a nuclear warhead, it causes it to heat up, eventually leading to the chemical explosive inside detonating, scattering radioactive material around.
It is similar in design and shape to the Compliance Regulator. It has a yellow coloration with red trim at the barrel, and a glowing yellow light next to the keypad and screen.
It fires a continuous beam similar to that of a laser rifle or pistol, except for the duration. It deals absolutely no damage and therefore is useless for anything but destroying nuclear warheads. The laser detonator is a quest item, so it cannot be dropped or sold.
- It is highly advisable to stand a safe distance away when detonating a warhead, as they explode violently and may trigger several chain reaction explosions as a result.
- The screen and lights on the side are identical to the ones found on a Red Glare.
- It can be dropped through the use of console commands. SetQuestObject xx007670 0 will allow you to drop it to be placed in a container or your house. Player.RemoveItem xx007670 1 will completely remove it from your inventory.
- Because it is a laser, it can be used to ignite explosive gases.
- If you have Euclid's C-Finder, there may be some interaction between it and the laser detonator to the point where the laser detonator will not blow up the warhead. If this occurs, drop the C-Finder, blow up the warhead and pick up the C-Finder again.