Laser pistol (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.|
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers, thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the USA, although logistics and supply issues in pre-War USA, caused by its prolonged war with China, prevented its wide-scale deployment.
The laser pistol returns as the entry level energy pistol in Fallout: New Vegas. The laser pistol is one of the weakest energy pistols, but is also the most common. Unlike the majority of the weapons in Fallout: New Vegas, the laser pistol does not have a "true iron sights" function.
Like other energy weapons, the laser pistol has a multiplier on critical chance, making critical hits more frequent with this weapon over most others. Critical hits that are fatal reduce enemies to piles of steaming ash; this process does not damage any equipment or items the victim was holding or wearing prior to their death.
By nature of firing a beam projectile, its shots will instantly hit, negating any need to lead the shot. Additionally, the laser pistol's beam will ignite any gas leak traps that it passes through.
It is considered an improved holdout weapon, and can be concealed so long as your sneak skill is 50 or greater. A laser pistol can be repaired by copies of itself and its variants or any one handed energy weapon with the Jury Rigging perk. A laser pistol in full condition can fire 996 shots, roughly 32 magazines, before breaking.
- Pew Pew, Allen Marks' custom variant and the de facto reward for finding 50 Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps.
- Missing laser pistol, a Brotherhood of Steel laser pistol that was lost during a field exercise.
- Compliance Regulator , a unique variant that applies a knockdown effect on target on a successful critical hit.
- GRA laser pistol , an identical variant of the laser pistol, but can have modifications applied.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.||Notes|
|Laser pistol||Energy pistol||12||45||3.8||x1.5||12||0.1||15||Energy cell||30||3||200||175||Energy Weapons:0 Strength:1||-|
|Pew Pew||Energy pistol||75||150||2||x2.5||50||0.1||35||Energy cell||10||3||80||2498||Energy Weapons:0 Strength:1||Uses 5 cells per shot|
|Missing laser pistol||Energy pistol||11||41.3||3.8||x1.5||11||0.1||15||Energy cell||30||3||200||175||Energy Weapons:0 Strength:1||Quest item|
|Compliance Regulator||Energy pistol||8||30||3.8||x1.5||12||0.1||15||Energy cell||30||3||200||175||Energy Weapons:0 Strength:1||Paralysis on critical hit (10s)|
- Goodsprings - if you select energy weapons as a tag skill. Also, a laser pistol can be found in a box in Doc Mitchell's house along with some energy cells.
- Goodsprings Cave - two laser pistols can be usually found in the coyote-infested cave, respectively on the corpse of a Bright Follower and one of the dead settlers laying inside, along with some energy cells.
- Hidden Valley bunker - on the first floor, if you go to the resting quarters across from the shooting range, there will be several footlockers filled with laser pistols. (10 or more)
- Nipton - inside Nipton Hall on the top floor inside Mayor Steyn's office, on the shelf just behind the Mayor's desk.
- Primm Pass - just a little ways from the New California Republic outpost, a Bright Follower has a laser pistol.
- Silver Rush - can bought from Gloria Van Graff in Freeside.
- Vault 22 - on a table to the left from the entrance to the room with the flamer.
- Villa, Sierra Madre - located at the base of a tree in a courtyard on the east side.
- One can be found, along with some ammunition, on the corpse of a Bright Brotherhood follower under a railway bridge between Jean Sky Diving and Sloan.
- Gun Runners will sell laser pistols from early on in the game.
- They can often be purchased from Quartermaster Bardon.
- The sound is almost the same but very noticeably quieter than the Fallout 3 counterpart.
Concept art by Adam Adamowicz