Left My Heart
Left My Heart
Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Frank Weathers at Aerotech Office Park or any of the Weathers in the Cottonwood Cove slave pen.
- Talk to Canyon Runner at Cottonwood Cove to obtain the key for the Weathers.
- Talk to one of the Weathers and set them free.
- Return to Frank Weathers with news of his family.
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak with Frank Weathers at the Aerotech Office Park. He will cry that his family was taken captive by Caesar's Legion and are being held as slaves. Alternatively, traveling to Cottonwood Cove will reveal a family cooped up in a slave cage; this is Frank's family, of course.
At Cottonwood Cove, speak to Canyon Runner near the slave cage. Inquire about the slaves and then talk to Mrs. Weathers inside the cage.Following the conversation, find Canyon Runner again and inquire about purchasing the slaves. The family costs 300 caps, or only 150 with a Speech check of 50. Following the purchase, enter the cage with the Weathers slave key and talk to any of the Weathers to set them free. They will say they are heading to the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside because they can't trust their husband/father to protect them.
Alternatively, if being on bad terms with Caesar's Legion does not upset you, you can simply kill the guard(s) and pick the lock on the slave cage. The slave collars need to be diffused, requiring an Explosives skill of 50, before the Weathers can make a run for it.
Talk with the freed Weathers family at the Old Mormon Fort. After you meet the grateful but numb Weathers family, huddled together at the Old Mormon Fort, you're prompted to return to Frank Weathers at the Aerotech Office Park.
Frank will ask you about his family. After informing him they are still alive, the quest ends for 50 caps. The dialogue continues with an intervention with Frank, who asks where they are. How the player answers seals Frank's road to recovery or not.
- Telling him outright (either for free or for additional caps) they are at the Old Mormon Fort causes Frank to walk away in disgust at the thought of meeting the Followers again, instead of reuniting with his family. He rationalizes his behavior on those "goodie-goodies" for "kicking him out before" from rehab, that the Followers probably would deny him entry anyway, which is questionable if you've been helping Dr. Julie Farkas. "Rehab's for chumps!" he says as he walks away to a questionable fate because he's still obviously in denial.
- Following a Speech check of 35 andAffirming him to clean-up and man up on his problems, before his family will want him back, strengthens his resolve to get sober and clean-up (for positive karma).
- Following a Speech check of 35 and abusively preying on Frank's guilt and self-worth, results in Frank committing suicide with his lever-action shotgun right in front of the player (for negative karma).
- If you killed his family, either by letting them run free with the explosive collars, killing them yourself, or releasing the toxic barrels, you can still complete the quest. Return to Frank Weathers to tell him they are dead and you will receive 100 XP.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Free the Weathers from slavery.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you attempt this quest after you complete Ring-a-Ding-Ding!, you will be unable to advance the dialog with Canyon Runner until you accept Caesar's first task in Render Unto Caesar. He will only tell you to go to the dock to take the ferry.
- If you have negative or mixed reputation with the NCR (like Wild Child or Soft-Hearted Devil) Frank Weathers will attack you and you can't get the quest from him.