Fallout 1 and 2 characters project
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Well, if it isn't a potential customer! I'm Lorenzo the Munificent, at your service. I give out loans.”
Lorenzo Giovanni is the owner and proprietor of the Friendly Lending Company (FLC) in downtown Hub.
Hiding beneath the long hair and soft words is the Hub's primary loan shark. If the presence of two gorillas discussing breaking fingers and shattering kneecaps outside doesn't clue one in, the lending rates (ten percent per day) will. Lorenzo puts up an aura of an honest businessman in spite of this, and claims that his family has been in the banking business since before the Great War.
Even if his ancestors were honest bankers, Lorenzo's operation would earn him the title of a black sheep. If someone doesn't pay within ten days, his enforcers, Guido and Leone, go to town on them. For other problems, there's always Decker and his enforcers, thanks to the fact that Lorenzo is a thinly veiled front for the criminal syndicate.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Clean out the Loan Shark: Borrow money from Lorenzo, then kill him.
 Other interactions
- The player can accuse him of ties to Decker... To which Lorenzo replies with a smile and nodding. He can provide references for getting work with Decker.
- "Guido, Leone, why don't you show him what ripping off really means. Start with his arms."
|Leather jacket||H&K 10mm SMG
+ x30 10mm JHP
 Behind the scenes
Lorenzo's name is derived from two Medici, members of the most prominent banking family of Renaissance Italy. Lorenzo "The Magnificent" was a skilled statesman, diplomat and a patron of the arts and sciences, while the corrupt Giovanni became Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, assuming the papal name Leo X.
Lorenzo Giovanni appears only in Fallout
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.77: "Lorenzo: (Minor NPC) Manager of the Friendly Lending Company, or FLC, which is owned by Decker."
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.177: "If you need money, Lorenzo at the Friendly Lending Company, will loan you from 200 to 1,000 Hub Bucks at an exorbitant daily interest. He will make up to three loans at a time to you. Be warned, however. This is a loan sharking operation, and if you fail to pay, you will be attacked. Lorenzo is also a source of information and may give you an in with Decker."