MDPL-13 power station
Fallout 3 locations project
MDPL-13 power station
The MDPL-13 power station is in the mid-northeastern portion of the map. It is located midway between the Germantown Police HQ and Greener Pastures disposal site, southwest and northeast, respectively. The closest location is Minefield; a short walk from there to the north-northwest will bring you to this power station.
The power station complex is comprised of a derelict power plant that is the earmark of this power station, as one may identify it by its three chimneys, and power substation.
The derelict power plant is accessible via the gate or the garage door. If you access via the gate, you will enter the office with a desk and several file cabinets. The office door accesses the room with three chimneys. Inside, there are ghoul-type enemies and an automatic turret hostile to anyone, including the ghouls. Climb the stair to the catwalk. The room on second floor is accessible via catwalk and has a locked floor safe. A usable terminal is on the desk. If you access via the garage door, you will immediately see several lockers and one locked personal footlocker; the door beside the lockers lead you to the room with three chimneys.
 Notable loot
On the western side of the complex is a power substation that contains:
On the eastern side of the complex is the derelict power plant building, in which you can find:
- The alien crash siteis almost directly north from here, where you will pick up a radio signal. It will strengthen as you get closer to a crashed alien ship which contains one of the most powerful energy weapons, the alien blaster, and some ammunition for it (alien power cells).
- The Talon Company or Regulators may ambush you upon exiting the main building, they spawn in the corner with the trash bins.
- If you have completed the Waters of Life quest when you leave the main building a Vertibird may drop off some Enclave Soldiers to the north in a clearing behind the rocks.
- This is one of the two buildings that can be seen from almost anywhere in the Capital Wasteland; the other is the Washington Monument.
- All ingredients required for a Nuka-grenade are lying around near or on the workbench in the power substation.
The MDPL-13 power station appears only in Fallout 3.