Max (Fallout: New Vegas)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
|For other characters in the Fallout universe named Max, see Max.|
Reach for the sky, lady/mister.”
Max is an orphaned child residing in Freeside in 2281.
Max can be seen in Freeside chasing a girl named Stacey with Euclid's C-Finder.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: * Euclid's C-Finder|
Max will sell Euclid's C-Finder upon request for 1000 caps, but by passing a Barter check of 45, will sell it for only 20 caps.
|Athlete of the Wastes outfit||Euclid's C-Finder||-|
- Max will say "Reach for the sky, lady," if the player character is female, and "Reach for the sky, mister," if the player character is male.
- When bending down to pickpocket Max it does not say Pickpocket, it says Talk yet when pressed you pickpocket him.
- Sometimes, he will run out of Freeside's east gate, following Stacey.
- Sometimes, he may disappear entirely, Stacey will be "fleeing" on top of the building next to Mick & Ralph's. The cause is unknown; however, this happens more often if the player has bad karma.
- If prompted into dialogue mode after you've taken Euclid's C-Finder, he will say "I wish I had a gun".
- Sometimes he will not have the Euclid's C-Finder equipped when chasing Stacey, the gun can be found in his inventory and can be stolen.
- Strangely enough, Max can hold a 15 lb heavy energy weapon with one hand, even though he is a small child.
- Acquiring the weapon from Max while having Veronica as a companion will cause her to remark "Wow... Good thing the safety was on."
- Max is found sleeping on the roof of the building next to Mick & Ralph's after it gets dark.
- When having the Child at Heart perk, you could have the gun for free. Unfortunately, the perk was cut because there aren't many children in Mojave Wasteland.
- "Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!"
- "I wish I had a gun..."
- "Reach for the sky, mister!"
- "Reach for the sky, lady."
- "Aw man! It's all Stacey's fault!"
- If you pickpocket him and then talk to him he will still offer the Euclid's C-Finder for sale, thus allowing you to obtain another.
- Northern Passage, on the canyons. Max may disappear from Freeside entirely, being moved to the far north of the map, beyond the
- Max can be seen running to the north from Freeside past gun runners.
- Max may run into the gun runner compound, then into the building, you can talk to him and get the Euclid's C-Finder again even if you used the barter check before
Max appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.