Fallout: New Vegas locations project
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
You're looking at it. It's a watering hole without much to brag about. It's like a Brahmin drive gone wrong - supposed to be a gate north, but you come here, you get caught in the pen. Better to head back home. If you don't have a gun and a will, don't matter much what you do when you reach here, except stare at that fucking monument outside.”— Rose of Sharon Cassidy
The Mojave Outpost is an NCR outpost in the Mojave Wasteland. The Outpost is notable for a pair of large statues located on its eastern end, commemorating the historic merging of the two Ranger groups of the area under the cause of the New California Republic. The troops here welcome most travelers, offering them shelter in the nearby barracks, if they don't have a bad standing with the Republic.
In 2271, the Desert Rangers of Nevada and the Rangers of the New California Republic met at this spot to sign the Ranger Unification Treaty. Under this treaty, the Desert Rangers agreed to be absorbed into the NCR in exchange for the NCR's protection of Hoover Dam, New Vegas, and southern Nevada against the forces of Caesar's Legion. The Outpost was then established in 2272 and serves as a link between the Mojave Wasteland and the greater NCR region. A statue memorializing the unification was soon erected, but according to Rose of Sharon Cassidy, the statue is more of a gesture of power by the NCR and not an accurate representation of the Republic's strength. Even so, should the Legion push west through Nipton in the future, the Mojave Outpost will be on the front line, essentially being the barrier between the Republic and the Legion.
This base is the NCR's administrative headquarters for the area around Primm, having a medium-sized garrison of troops stationed there and a modest supply of goods from local caravans, though the caravans have decreased in frequency after a series of raids in the local area. It is the outpost's duty to act as border guard and make sure caravans can safely travel Interstate 15 and Highway 95. However, almost everyone at the outpost is frustrated with the bureaucratic red tape that has entangled the outpost, making it less than effective. Required to maintain a standing force, soldiers are not allowed to patrol the surrounding area for trouble or escort caravans through it, meaning every caravan that comes through has to remain here, even if their clearance papers do go through. One would think the caravans being restricted from leaving would be good for business, most of the unaffiliated traders and larger caravan outfits are tight on bottle caps, causing the outpost to stagnate with troops and useless caravans.
The outpost consists of two buildings on a hill saddle, one of which is the administrative area (HQ), and the other being the barracks. There is a fence enclosing the two buildings on all sides, and several piles of sandbags for defense. It is part of what was once a highway toll station. The northern end of the valley is overshadowed by two large statues and the southern is enclosed by rock walls.
The gate to the southwest continues along the I-15, however it is locked and requires a key to open. There is however not much of interest here - a few remnants of structures and a few power lines can be found, complete with collision data.
- Ranger Ghost, NCR sniper
- Ranger Jackson, NCR commander
- Rose of Sharon Cassidy, former caravaneer and potential companion
- Major Knight, NCR officer, offers repairs
- Sgt. Kilborn
- Lacey, merchant/bartender, plays Caravan
- Various NCR troopers
- Various NCR rangers
- Traveling merchants
 Notable loot
- Duck and Cover! can be found on the middle of the bottom shelf below the bar counter, it is marked as owned, but can be purchased via Lacey.
- 2 Nuka-Cola Quartz on a shelf behind the bar, it is marked as owned.
- 3 ice cold Nuka-Cola on the upper shelf behind the bar (opposite side from the Nuka-Cola Quartz bottles). Two bottles are near the middle, and the third is near the right side.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on the counter on the rear section of the bar. It is not marked as owned, so it can be acquired without stealing.
 Related quests
- Inside the Headquarters, soldiers who sit in the cubicles behind the front desk might appear to be typing on a computer and the player will be able to hear the sound of keys being pressed; however, there aren't any computers at these desks.
- The player can talk to Major Knight inside the Headquarters and can convince him to repair anything for free. This only works if a player has the Confirmed Bachelor perk and activates the corresponding dialogue actions. Also, this will only work the first time the repair screen appears, and Knight's repair skill will be temporarily equal to that of the player.
- Unlocking this gate at the south end, by using console commands will reveal an invisible wall, but no-clipping past this wall will allow you to venture deeper into this area.
- If the player chooses to attack the NCR at the end of the add-on Lonesome Road, a mushroom cloud can be seen in its vicinity, although the outpost is actually unchanged.
- If the NCR is attacked at the end of Lonesome Road, the southern gate will lead to the remains of an NCR camp.
Mojave Outpost appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The caravan trader stationed here is bugged. If one tries to buy the Queen of Spades from him, the game will freeze up. This bug becomes less noticeable and almost non existent the further east or down the slope the merchant is when one meets him to get goods.
- Every now and again, when you fast travel to the Mojave Outpost, there will be one to three giant radscorpions inside the encampment area.
- If Ranger Ghost is missing from the roof she can sometimes be found to the right of the Headquarters building door around the corner. She still comments that she could hear you coming up the ramp.
- Sometimes NPC's will be walking in place or standing on top of desks in the HQ. Leaving and returning to the cell sometimes solves this problem.
- Golden gecko's may spawn if you fast travel to the outpost
- A deathclaw may spawn behind the main building when fast traveling to the outpost.