Muggy is a neurotic miniature Securitron made by Dr. 0 out of hatred for his arch-nemesis Robert House. As such, Muggy does not sport a policeman's or a soldier's face, but rather his screen displays an animated version of a chipper, bucktoothed coffee cup. Muggy was programmed to have an obsession with cleaning dirty dishes (particularly coffee mugs) and to be aware of this obsession without being able to do anything about it, which in turn torments him.
Muggy harbors a deep-seated resentment for Dr. 0, for creating him as a mug-obsessed joke of a Securitron, and for subsequently becoming a "brain in a jar" who no longer drinks coffee, meaning that there are no new mugs for Muggy to clean. He is also angered by all the dirty dishes out in the open, with nobody to clean them. Because of this, he is probably the second most violent character in The Sink, next to the Toaster.
Despite his pint-sized stature, Muggy tends to be angry and violent when talking about Dr. 0 or seeing a coffee cup just out of reach. He displays erratic behavior bordering on bipolar disorder as well as a compulsive disorder centered around cleaning dirty dishes. Ironically, he is also the only functional creation of Dr. 0.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- All My Friends Have Off Switches: Muggy is one of the appliances that the player must retrieve a module for.
- Influencing People: An upgrade holotape for Muggy must be found and installed.
Muggy will turn all your coffee mugs, coffee pots, and various plates into useful miscellaneous items. The items he accepts and their respective yields are as follows:
- Ceramic dinner plate: (20) lead, (50) powder, pistol
- Coffee mug: (3) empty syringe, (2) wonderglue
- Coffee pot: (2) scrap metal
- Dinner plate: (3) scrap metal
- Green plate: (10) .357 magnum cases, (8).44 magnum cases
- Red plate: (50) pistol powder
- Tin plate: (20) .357 magnum cases, (15).44 magnum cases
- White plate: (20) lead
After being upgraded, Muggy, through an interactive request will provide the player with all of the following once a day:
- In versions of the game which have languages using gender-specific words, Muggy refers to itself as a "she". In English, Muggy's ending slide uses "he", yet robots are typically an "it".
- While Muggy can be targeted in V.A.T.S., it is not possible to kill him without using console commands, as no weapons deal any damage to him, nor is it possible to use the Robotics Expert perk to shut him down.
- Muggy is the only appliance that can move and thus the only one which shows up as a mark on your compass. Though it is possible that in some cases the tick mark does not appear, it is uncertain whether this is a glitch or not.
- Muggy seems to be one of the few robotic characters that realizes the Great War took place and that considerable time has passed since then ("most of them are probably beyond saving now").
- Muggy is the only recurring source of pistol powder outside of purchases.
- "Of course I'm obsessed! They made me this way! You think I don't know how crazy I sound? Of course I do! THEY PROGRAMMED ME TO KNOW THAT TOooo-arrr..."
- "You... you really want to know about... me? No one ever asks about Muggy! You've made me so happy!"
- "Dr. O thought it would be fucking hilarious to build a tiny neurotic robot. Big fucking laugh!"
- "The biological research station told me he had a coffee mug down his processing chute. When I reached in to grab it, he... seeded me!"
- "Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mugs, Mugs. Mug-a-mug. Mug-a-mug. Mugs! God, why can't I stop singing this fucking song?!"
- "Please, please, please, tell me you stomped Dr. O's brain into a fine paste! Did he squeal? Did he beg? God, I hope he begged! Who's the flatware bitch now, O!?"
- ""Hey everyone, let's turn ourselves into robot-brains in jars." Do you know how many coffee cups giant robot brains in jars use on a daily basis? NOT FUCKING MANY!"
- "When you were gone I spent all day trying to get a coffee mug off a shelf and when I finally got it I was soooo happy....I cried. I hate. My life."
- "Do you see some of those big imposing Securitrons with their lovely laser guns and rocket launchers and scary faces? I am not one of those."
- Chris Avellone's blog : 0 had his moments - if his greatest creation is a tiny janitor bot that can only collect dishes, that feels in-character to me. Especially considering how far he missed his original target by (figure out what makes Securitrons tick and make them better - whoops!). This clearly shows that none of the Big MT Securitrons were ever functioning properly