NCR trooper armor
|repair||NCR armorMedium Armor|
|base id||000ee690 (face wrap)|
0012116a (military police)
0013ec03-0013ec07 (dead Nelson troopers)
NCR armor is the official uniform of the New California Republic Army.
In the year 2281, the official uniform of the New California Republic Army consists of a khaki tunic with bellowed hip pockets and khaki breeches, worn with a desert facewrap and hardened leather pauldrons, black leather fingerless gloves, arm wraps, brown boots and khaki puttees. A metal breastplate with the emblem of the NCR painted on is worn in combat, attached to two leather straps on the pauldrons.
It provides a level of protection comparable with reinforced leather armor (DT of 10), quite low for its weight of 26 pounds, however with the Jury Rigging perk it is possible to use them to fix much more advanced and expensive medium armors such as combat armor and both reinforced variants.
- NCR trooper armor is worn by NCR troopers. All the other outfits are a variant of this.
- NCR bandoleer armor has a pocketed bandoleer wrapped around the torso to carry extra ammunition and other supplies.
- NCR face wrap armor has the facewrap pulled over the user's face. This shields the user's face from the elements, especially with the goggles helmet on.
- NCR mantle armor is distinguished by a camouflaged cloth wrapped around the user's shoulder. It is often seen being worn by officers but is also worn by NCO's (Sergeants and Corporals).
- NCR Military Police armor is worn by NCR's MP officers. It is identical in appearance to the NCR trooper fatigues, except that this variant has a small black and white "MP" armband on each arm. It's helmet is black with MP written across it.
- NCR injured trooper armor is worn by injured NCR troopers. This armor is marked as unplayable and can't be taken from the troopers corpse.
- NCR trooper fatigues are identical in appearance to the NCR Trooper Armor, except for the chest armor. While all other NCR armors of this type have 10 DT and are Medium-class, this armor has 2 DT and is classified as light armor.
 NCR bandoleer/trooper/mantle/face wrap armor
 NCR trooper fatigues
- Can be found on troopers on the New Vegas Strip. A stealth kill with a silenced weapon is an easy way to get it.
- The NCR checkpoint just east of Novac has two troopers wearing fatigues.
- In the Camp Guardian caves, there is a dead pack brahmin with lots of ammunition and the fatigues.
- Can be found on NCR troopers beside the lieutenant's Tent in Primm.
- Sergeant Kilborn wears one in the Mojave Outpost.
- The NCR outpost between Novac and Nelson has troopers that wear the fatigues.
 NCR Military Police armor
- Can be found on troopers on the New Vegas strip and in the NCR Embassy. A stealthy kill with a silenced weapon is an easy way to get it.
- Can be found on the MP at Camp Forlorn Hope.
- Can be found on Private Halford in the Camp Guardian Caves. You can either kill him or let the lakelurks in the cave kill him.
- One helmet can be found on a spike at Red Rock Canyon, but it must be stolen.
- When wearing certain NCR armors: while "zooming in" without a weapon equipped a thick black line is produced across the screen as long as the player is zooming.
 Behind the scenes
- Inspiration for the outfits came from British and Australian gear used around World War II.
|Normal armor||Light armor||Advanced radiation suit · All-purpose science suit · Assassin suit · Chinese stealth armor · Joshua Graham's armor · Leather armor (Lightweight leather armor, Gecko-backed leather armor) · Leather armor, reinforced (Gecko-backed leather armor, reinforced) · Marked scout armor · Radiation suit · Raider armor (Tribal raiding armor) · Space suit|
|Medium armor||Combat armor (Combat armor, reinforced, Combat armor, reinforced mark 2, US Army combat armor, Van Graff combat armor) · Desert Ranger combat armor · Lightweight metal armor · Marked patrol armor · Papa Khan Armor · Recon armor (Broken recon armor) · Riot gear (Advanced riot gear, Elite riot gear) · Sierra Madre armor (Sierra Madre armor, reinforced) · Stealth suit Mk II|
|Heavy armor||Armor of the 87th Tribe · Marked tribal armor · Metal armor (Apocalypse gladiator armor, Gecko-backed metal armor) · Metal armor, reinforced (Gecko-backed metal armor, reinforced)|
All are considered heavy armor
|Broken power armor · Remnants power armor (Gannon family Tesla armor, Remnants Tesla armor) · T-45d power armor (Brotherhood T-45d power armor, Scorched Sierra power armor) · T-51b power armor (Brotherhood T-51b power armor)|
|Headwear||Bandana · Beret (1st Recon beret) · Boomers cap · Boomers hat · Boomers helmet · Breathing mask (Ulysses' mask) · Caleb McCaffery's hat · Cattleman cowboy hat · Centurion helmet · Chalk's headdress · Combat helmet · Construction hat · Desperado cowboy hat · Destroyed collar · Destroyed party hat · Explosive collar · Fiend helmet (Fiend battle helmet, Fiend warrior helmet, Motor-Runner's helmet) · Gannon family Tesla helmet · General Oliver's hat · Great Khan spike helmet ·Hockey mask · Jessup's bandana · Legate helmet (Marked beast eyes helmet, Marked beast face helmet, Marked beast helmet, Marked beast tribal helmet) · Metal helmet (Metal helmet, reinforced) · Old cowboy hat · Park Ranger hat · Party hat · Pre-War baseball cap · Pre-war hat · Rattan cowboy hat · Rawhide cowboy hat · Riot Gear Helmet (Ranger helmet, Desert Ranger Combat Helmet, Advanced Riot Gear Helmet, Elite Riot Gear Helmet) · Prime helmet · Prime decanus helmet · Raider helmet · Ranger hat · Rebreather · Remnants Power Helmet · Salt-Upon-Wounds' helmet · Salvaged power helmet · Starlet wig · Sheriff's hat · Suave gambler hat · T-45d power helmet · T-51b power helmet · Trooper helmet (Goggles helmet, MP trooper helmet) · Tuxedo hat · Vance's lucky hat · Vexillarius helmet · Vikki's bonnet · Welding helmet · White Glove Society mask · White mask|
|Eyewear||Authority glasses · Biker goggles · Dr. Klein's glasses · Dr. Mobius' glasses · Eyeglasses · Lucky Shades · Reading glasses · Sunglasses · Tortiseshell glasses|