NCR trooper armor
Split suggested (Overview)
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
NCR trooper armor
Combat armor sprite representing the NCR armor in Fallout 2
NCR armor is the official uniform of the New California Republic Army.
In the year 2281, the official uniform of the New California Republic Army consists of a khaki tunic with bellowed hip pockets and khaki breeches, worn with a desert facewrap and hardened leather pauldrons, black leather fingerless gloves, arm wraps, brown boots and khaki puttees. A metal breastplate with the emblem of the NCR painted on is worn in combat, attached to two leather straps on the pauldrons.
It provides a level of protection comparable with reinforced leather armor (DT of 10), quite low for its weight of 26 pounds, however with the Jury Rigging perk it is possible to use them to fix much more advanced and expensive medium armors such as combat armor and both reinforced variants.
- NCR trooper armor is worn by NCR troopers. All the other outfits are a variant of this.
- NCR bandoleer armor has a pocketed bandoleer wrapped around the torso to carry extra ammunition and other supplies.
- NCR face wrap armor has the facewrap pulled over the user's face. This shields the user's face from the elements, especially with the goggles helmet on.
- NCR mantle armor is distinguished by a camouflaged cloth wrapped around the user's shoulder. It is often seen being worn by officers but is also worn by NCO's (Sergeants and Corporals).
- NCR Military Police armor is worn by NCR's MP officers. It is identical in appearance to the NCR trooper fatigues, except that this variant has a small black and white "MP" armband on each arm. It's helmet is black with MP written across it.
- NCR injured trooper armor is worn by injured NCR troopers. This armor is marked as unplayable and can't be taken from the troopers corpse.
- NCR trooper fatigues are identical in appearance to the NCR Trooper Armor, except for the chest armor. While all other NCR armors of this type have 10 DT and are Medium-class, this armor has 2 DT and is classified as light armor.
NCR bandoleer/trooper/mantle/face wrap armor
- Most NCR troopers wear it, only way to obtain it is by killing them or planting better armor in their inventory.
- Four NCR armors can be found on corpses in Nipton Hotel.
- Two random armors can often be found in the tent next to Lieutenant Hayes' Tent.
- Two random armors can be looted from two trooper corpses in Ranger station Charlie while checking up on it for Ranger Andy in Novac.
- Can be looted from ghouls in Camp Searchlight but in poor condition.
- Sometimes Sergeant Contreras sells these armors.
- Captain Curtis at Camp McCarran wears NCR mantle armor, and during the NCR side of the quest I Put a Spell on You there is a very convenient opportunity to kill him with no consequences (but note: taking too long to kill him may give you no time to get to the monorail to disable the bomb)
- In Restoring Hope after asking Haggerty from HELIOS One where are the troops with the Camp Forlorn Hope supplies, follow the marker you will find three dead troopers where you can loot their bodies for trooper armors, goggles helmets or trooper helmets and three NCR dogtags.
- Can be found in Sergeant Contreras' footlocker in supply shack
- Dead NCR trooper in the hallway to the left, just beyond entry hall of Vault 11.
- Can be found on NCR corpses in the lower levels of Camp Guardian Caves.
- Near Nelson there will be three NCR trooper fighting 3 recruit legionaries all armed with caravan shotgun the troopers have their trooper helmets, dog tags and combat knifes for the NCR and machetes for the legionaries.
- Every trooper besides Sergeant Lee in the attack on the New California Republic Correctional Facility if you choose to side with the NCR in I Fought the Law is wearing face wrap armor.
NCR trooper fatigues
- Can be found on troopers on the New Vegas Strip. A stealth kill with a silenced weapon is an easy way to get it.
- The NCR checkpoint just east of Novac has two troopers wearing fatigues.
- In the Camp Guardian caves, there is a dead pack brahmin with lots of ammunition and the fatigues.
- Can be found on NCR troopers beside the lieutenant's Tent in Primm.
- Sergeant Kilborn wears one in the Mojave Outpost.
- The NCR outpost between Novac and Nelson has troopers that wear the fatigues.
NCR Military Police armor
- Can be found on troopers on the New Vegas strip and in the NCR Embassy. A stealthy kill with a silenced weapon is an easy way to get it.
- Can be found on the MP at Camp Forlorn Hope.
- Can be found on Private Halford in the Camp Guardian Caves. You can either kill him or let the lakelurks in the cave kill him.
- One helmet can be found on a spike at Red Rock Canyon, but it must be stolen.
- When wearing certain NCR armors: while "zooming in" without a weapon equipped a thick black line is produced across the screen as long as the player is zooming.
Behind the scenes
- Inspiration for the outfits came from British and Australian gear used around World War II.