Obsidian Entertainment, is a video game developer founded by former employees of Black Isle Studios founded after the disestablishment of Interplay Entertainment's in 2003. Obsidian developed the 2010 game Fallout: New Vegas. Several of the developers at Obsidian previously also worked on Fallout, Fallout 2 and Van Buren (the canceled Fallout 3 project).
Obsidian continues to operate under management by its founding officers: Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan, Chris Avellone and Chris Jones. In July 2005 they hired Josh Sawyer of Icewind Dale fame. In 2011, Timothy Cain, original creator of Fallout, joined the company.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (released for Xbox in 2004 and for PC in 2005)
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (released for PC in 2006)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (released for PC in 2007)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (released for PC in 2008)
- Alpha Protocol (May 28, 2010)
- Fallout: New Vegas (Oct 19, 2010)
- Dungeon Siege III (Jun 21, 2011)
- Wheel of Time (Future game, co-developers)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (March 4, 2014)
- Wasteland 2 (co-developers with InXile Entertainment)
- Pillars of Eternity (March 26, 2015)
- Pathfinder Adventures (April 28, 2016)
- Tyranny (November 10, 2016)