One for My Baby is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Novac's night watchman, Craig Boone, is convinced one of the townsfolk had to have been involved in his wife's sale to Caesar's Legion. Naturally, he wants to find the culprit and bring them to justice in his own way.
- Talk to Craig Boone about his missing wife.
- Ask around town to find more information about his wife and any leads as to who sold her to Caesar's Legion.
- Go to the Dino Dee-lite front desk, open the floor safe behind the desk, and take the bill of sale.
- Lead Jeannie May Crawford to the front of Dinky the Dinosaur between 10 P.M and 9 A.M, when Boone is at his post.
- Alternatively, take anyone else in town out to die.
- Equip Boone's beret. Soon after, the person out front will be killed by a headshot from Boone.
- Return to Boone, show him the Bill of Sale as evidence of Crawford's involvement. If someone other than Crawford was killed, a Speech check of 55 is required to fast talk him without any evidence.
|1|| ||Send someone in front of Dinky the Dinosaur. Put on the beret to signal to Boone that this is the culprit.|
|2|| ||(Optional) Ask around Novac for information about who kidnapped Boone's wife.|
|3|| ||(Optional) Look for evidence of the guilty party inside the Dino Dee-lite lobby.|
|4||Return to Boone.|
- Boone will refuse conversation with you if your relationship with the NCR is below Neutral; however, wearing NCR armor will make it possible to talk with him.
- If you use Boone's beret to repair any other Beret before having him kill Jeannie May Crawford or anyone else, you cannot complete the quest. You need Boone's beret.
- If you chose Jeannie May as Boone's target, the next time you speak to Cliff Briscoe, he will inform you that he is the new proprietor of the motel and gives you the key, you will have the option to say "I killed Jeannie May. Do I still get my discount?", although Boone was technically her killer. Should you choose this option, you will be asked why, and each possible reply produces slightly different reactions, but he will not turn hostile, nor will your reputation with Novac be damaged in any way. Indeed, given the nature of the situation, he seems rather untroubled, presenting the player with the usual dialogue choices.
The title of the quest is a cultural reference to the song "One For My Baby (and One More For the Road)" written by Harold Arlen and Johnny Mercer. It was popularized by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., and Billie Holiday.
If you ask the wrong person to go in front of the dinosaur then talk to them about something else, they will become stuck and they do not return to their original location. After this you are no longer able to take Jeannie May Crawford in front of the dino, rendering the quest broken.
Sometimes you will not have the dialogue option to make Jeannie May follow you in front of the dinosaur. The best way to fix this is to talk to Jeannie outside when she leaves around midnight. If this doesn't work, simply exiting, then re-entering the Dino-Deelite Lobby or Jeannie May's house will bring back the dialogue option.
Binding Boone's Beret to a hotkey may result in the game freezing or crashing.
Sometimes, even if you have the bill of sale, you will not get the option to bring it up, even if Jeannie May is killed.
After completing the quest Boone's beret might remain in your inventory.
Obtaining the evidence before talking to No-Bark will result in a quest completion for the optional objectives.
- Sometimes the evidence will not appear in the safe, halting your progress unless high enough speech is available to convince Boone without it.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|