The Point Lookout lighthouse is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the Point Lookout locale.
This lighthouse consists of a cylindrical structure with some small, but notable stashes of loot, scattered throughout its interior. The interior of the lighthouse has a long winding staircase that leads up to the top, that is littered with the skeletons of pre-War tourists with their cameras close by. After the Lone Wanderer has progressed through the dlc, smugglers will occupy the lighthouse, in which the winding staircase become very treacherous, as the smugglers will take advantage of higher ground. The most notable section of the lighthouse, is the basement, which is necessary to go into during the quest A Meeting of the Minds.
- During Meeting of the Minds, the Lone Wanderer is able to go into the basement of the lighthouse. Scattered throughout the basement are rare Mesmetron power cells, although they do not respawn.
- Three pre-War books in a room with an active computer terminal and lockers. Also in this room is an average locked safe.
- The unique microwave emitter can be discovered in a room at the end of the quest, acting as the dlc's final reward.
- Although both bulbs in the lighthouse lamp are broken, the Lone Wanderer is only able to repair one, even if they spawn a second light bulb via the console.
- After turning the beacon switch on, the light is activated and starts to spin. If it is turned back off, the light does not slowly turn to a halt. Instead, it immediately resets to the point in which the bulb was replaced.
The Point Lookout lighthouse appears in the Fallout 3 add-on, Point Lookout.
Point Lookout Lighthouse as seen from the south-east beach.
Lighthouse after repair, from Calvert Mansion.