The Point Lookout Lighthouse is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Point Lookout.
The lighthouse is a cylindrical structure with some small, but notable stashes of loot. The interior of the lighthouse has a long winding staircase that leads up to the top that is littered with skeletons with camera close by suggesting they were tourists to Point Lookout. However, once smugglers occupy the lighthouse, the staircase can become treacherous as they will shoot down the staircase if they spot you. The most notable location of the building is the basement which it is necessary to go into during "A Meeting of the Minds".
- During "Meeting of the Minds" you are able to go into the basement of the Lighthouse. Scattered throughout the basement are the rare Mesmetron power cells.
- Once the smugglers occupy the building, a considerable amount of missiles and missile launchers can be found. Of note, under the outside staircase that leads to the light mechanism.
- South of the lighthouse is an island with a smuggler holding a sniper rifle and three ammunition boxes.
- Three pre-War books in a room with an active computer terminal and lockers. Also in this room is an average locked safe.
- The microwave emitter in a room at the end of the quest.
- After smugglers take over the residence,(they will arrive after being there for at least one time then coming back) the following can be found within the lighthouse parameter:
- One missile launcher at the top of the staircase.
- 4 missiles within a locked ammunition box and 1 within a non-locked ammunition box.
- 10 missiles, another missile launcher with 4 first aid boxes are at the very top of the lighthouse (behind the staircase to where the light bulb fixture can be replaced).
- Some time after your first visit (not necessarily after you've lit the lighthouse), six smugglers take up residence here.
- Across from the lighthouse, not too far from it on the main land, is a skeleton on a bench overlooking the water. It is slumped over to its left onto a baby carriage surrounded by 4 empty whiskey bottles and a toy car. The skeleton is holding a 10mm pistol in its right hand, suggesting a very sad story.
- Although both bulbs in the lighthouse lamp are broken, the player is only able to repair one even if they spawn a second light bulb via the console.
- After you turn the beacon switch on the light is activated and starts to spin. If you turn it off, the light does not slowly turn to a halt. Instead, it immediately resets to the point in which you replaced the bulb in the first place.
- South of the lighthouse and north of the smuggler's island is a small island with a sewer gate that leads to the room where you find the microwave emitter.
The Point Lookout Lighthouse appears in the Fallout 3 add-on Point Lookout.
Point Lookout Lighthouse as seen from the south-east beach.
Lighthouse after repair, from Calvert Mansion.