The game was intended to take place toward the Southeast of the United States of America, as far as Florida, and the major conflict was to be between man and nature. The Brotherhood of Steel was to be portrayed as even more fascist and oppressive, and as Brotherhood of Steel only in name. The basic premise was that a GECK had been radiated, and so the "Garden of Eden" it created was full of mutant plants and fungi. It begins to spread fairly rapidly, preying upon animal life and using them as carriers/fertilizer to spread its fungal seed. The player basically gets tasked with discovering the source and a way to put an end to it.
The game takes place in 2197 in the American Midwest. The Brotherhood of Steel is trying to claim territory surrounding Chicago. The Warrior, the player character, is a new recruit to the Brotherhood, tasked to lead a squad of soldiers made up of available initiates.
- If you are new to wikis, you may want to check out the help pages and policies and guidelines.
- If you want to help but you are not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by expanding them. Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that do not exist yet.
- If you want to experiment with editing a wiki, please do it in a sandbox, not in articles.
The first three games set in the Fallout world: Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics, all three of which were removed from Steam at the beginning of this year, when the rights to the titles were lost by Interplay and gained by Bethesda Softworks, have now returned to the Steam store.
- All three games have Steam Cloud enabled for save games.
- Fallout 1 & Fallout 2 can be launched in either default or classic versions. Default allows for high resolutions and Classic is the original, unmodified release.
- Fallout Tactics is unmodified. Multiplayer works with direct connect.
- While Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 can run on Windows 8, Fallout Tactics is not Windows 8 compatible.
Currently, there is no news on whether the games will return to other services, such as GOG.com.
Sadly, Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics have been removed from the GOG.com catalogue due to the settlement of the Bethesda vs. Interplay lawsuit. The rights to the classic games are now entirely owned by Bethesda. We're still hoping they might re-release them in the future! The games can still be downloaded if you purchased them before.
If you never played the classic Fallout games, now you have no excuse not to play them. GOG.com offers Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics completely free for the next 48 hours. All you need to do is register an account. Go!
Today's Steam Daily Deal offers 66% off Fallout Collection also known as Fallout Trilogy. This pack includes original Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. Individual games are also subject to discount.