Power fist (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of power fist models in the Fallout series of games, see power fist.|
The power fist is a mechanical glove mounted with a hydraulic jack. When punching, the jack pushes forward, smashing into the enemy. Sometimes, enough power is transferred to the target to knock them down. It is a mid-tier weapon dealing a decent amount of damage, albeit at a slow rate. This weapon is an improved holdout weapon, meaning it can be concealed if the players Sneak skill is 50 or greater.
- Power fist (GRA) , an identical variant that is capable of supporting weapon modifications.
- Salt-Upon-Wounds' power fist , Salt-Upon-Wounds' tribal variant that deals poison damage over time.
- Saturnite fist , a variant made from Saturnite alloys that is lighter and has a faster rate of attack.
- Saturnite fist super-heated , a Saturnite fist that deals significantly more damage and can light targets on fire.
- Industrial hand , a variant with a rotating saw blade affixed to it.
- Greased Lightning , a unique variant with an extreme rate of attack.
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.||Notes|
|Power fist||40||43||1.1||x1||40||28||6||80||800||Unarmed:50 Strength:5||-|
|Salt-Upon-Wounds' power fist||45+3(10s)||61+3||1.4||x1||45||25||6||100||2500||Unarmed:50 Strength:6||-|
|Satunite fist||45||63||1.8||x1||35||25||4||160||1600||Unarmed:45 Strength:4||-|
|Saturnite fist super-heated||55||90.8||1.7||x1||55||25||4||120||2400||Unarmed:55 Strength:5||Combustion on crit|
|Industrial hand||50||160||3.2||x1||40||65||10||1600||2500||Unarmed:75 Strength:7||Ignores DR/DT|
|Greased Lightning||32||96||3||x1||32||28||6||200||15000||Unarmed:50 Strength:5||-|
- Boulder City ruins - in an ammunition case on the second floor of one of the houses.
- Camp McCarran - there are 5 or more in the tents. These tents are located directly east of the entrance.
- Camp Golf - plenty of them can be found in the trooper tents, in front of the House Resort.
- Cottonwood Cove - there are 2 in footlockers, in the tent next the Cottonwood Cove HQ (No Lockpick skill needed and very easy to steal).
- Hidden Valley bunker - the Brotherhood of Steel is quite fond of them, and have many stashed away in footlockers in their base. However, they may instead have laser pistols.
- Hoover Dam - there is one inside a footlocker which is inside one of the sleeping quarters near Quartermaster Bardon's office.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - it can be bought at Mick's special inventory.
- Novac - sometimes sold by Cliff Briscoe.
- Scavenger Platform, Lake Mead - in a metal box (may be randomly generated loot).
- Silver Rush, Freeside - one can be found on the top floor.
- The Tops - in the safe of the presidential suite.
- The Fort - in a footlocker in Caesar's Tent (Lockpick skill of 100 required).
- Vault 3 - can be found on numerous fiends.
- Vault 11 - in a footlocker in the living quarters.
- Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker - 2 may be found in the footlockers.
- If you look closely, you can see notches on the fist. They add up to 33.
- As of the Old World Blues add-on, the power fist attacks much more slowly, even with maxed out Unarmed and high Strength, and with the Slayer perk, it punches rather the same speed as it did in Fallout 3, making it an unappealing Unarmed weapon. The slower attack speed is not present in the other variants like the zap glove and ballistic fist, however.
- The power fist does not use a higher resolution texture when used by the player, despite one being available in the game's resources.
- The power fist uses the default Pip-Boy image from Fallout3, despite there being a new, updated version present in the game's resources.