Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Cut reputation image from Fallout: New Vegas.
Before the Great War, Primm was "budget Vegas", a tiny town where Californians could go to gamble, the shortest distance between their wallets and a hole in the ground. The town got by, offering an opportunity to trade as well as gamble during their trip through the Mojave Wasteland. By 2281 it was a reasonable commerce hub in southern Mojave, having two casinos, a hotel and shops set up. All that changed when the prisoners of the NCRCF broke out and started raiding the area. A number of ex-convicts broke off from the newly formed Powder Gangers and stormed Primm, forcing Samuel and Michelle Kerr to leave (and estabilish the 188 trading post) and laying siege to the town.
Now it's not much of a settlement at all. The townsfolk, now without a sheriff after he was murdered by Gangers, are holed up across the road from the Mojave Express, in the downtrodden old Vikki & Vance Casino. Low on supplies, the townspeople can't hold out much longer, and the convicts' presence continues to build as they've recently commandeered the larger Bison Steve Hotel, patrolling the unstable El Diablo roller coaster and further wrecking the remaining grandeur this place once had. Primm faces a grim reality: there are few people here to keep order. NCR is unwilling to resolve the situation, setting up only a small military camp west of Primm to control the convicts... from a distance.
The landscape of Primm is dominated by a few empty ranch homes, the rubble of the town's main streets and storefronts, and a small NCR camp set up southwest of town to prevent convicts from pushing further south to the NCR's Mojave Outpost.
When approaching Primm, you will be greeted by an NCR trooper saying that the town is off-limits. In the center of town lies a barricade that bisects it. The barricade is held on the west by a squad of NCR troopers, led by Lieutenant Hayes. When crossing the bridge east into town, be wary of a couple of frag mines lying on or near the wooden boards that connect the bridge.
There is a roller coaster in town which runs above and around the Bison Steve Hotel. Several convicts can be found on and around its tracks. Once inside town, the player can access the Bison Steve Hotel, where Deputy Beagle is being held by escaped convicts, or can cross the street to the Vikki and Vance Casino, where the non-hostile citizens of Primm can be found. Either option will enable the player to trigger the quest My Kind of Town, given by Deputy Beagle (in the Bison Steve Hotel) or Johnson Nash (in the Vikki and Vance Casino).
In the southeast end of town there are four lootable houses. Across the street from the Vikki and Vance Casino and the Bison Steve hotel is the Nash residence, which doubles as the Mojave Express, and inside it is ED-E. It is on the table inside of the Nash residence. Once you repair it, the quest ED-E My Love will become available.
Approaching Primm from the southeast (roller coaster side) can result in a scripted encounter with a few Powder Gangers armed with dynamite.
 Notable loot
 East side of highway
- At the southern end of town, in first house on the left, a Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap is on top of a bookcase near the radio (Must be stolen). Moreover, always check the mailboxes in front of these house, usually some kind of magazines inside.
- At the southern end of town, in the last house on the right (near the campfire) is an average locked safe (behind a bookcase in the room with the skeleton).
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap is on a desk in the Bison Steve Hotel ground floor lobby, opposite the elevator doors.
- Switchblade, varmint rifle, 10mm pistol, baseball bat, ammunition in other houses. Random skill magazines may be found in the mailboxes.
- The unique .357 Lucky in the Bison Steve Hotel, ground floor shop, in a hard-lock safe behind the counter; along with a copy of Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor lying on top the safe.
- In the Primm sheriff's office shack, there is the unique sheriff's duster clothing (which will disappear when you complete the My Kind of Town quest) and a sheriff's hat near the foot of the bed. There are some .308 rounds laying on the bar and an ammunition box on the floor to the left. A cowboy repeater is under the bed and another one is next to the reloading bench. A third firearm is hidden behind the barrel, located to the left when you enter.
- Inside the Vikki and Vance Casino there is a combat knife on a blackjack table in the small room near the bar. In the same room there is a silenced .22 pistol on the floor next to the first table on the right, 2 magazines and a unlocked safe inside the western most room with broken door. 3 safe (2 easy 1 hard) and a open 9mm SMG inside the cashier room.
- In the building shell directly behind (south) the Nash residence is an unlocked safe containing random loot.
- On the top floor of the building right next to the Nash residence is a copy of Milsurp Review in front of two ammunition boxes.
- The escaped convict leader carries an incinerator.
- There is a pair of binoculars on top of the Bison Steve's ledge, approach from the north side using the collapsed roller coaster as a ramp to the ledge.
 West side of highway
- In the area above and to the west of the NCR tents (Scenic Overlook), you'll find a playground. Beside the campfire, there is a copy of Lad's Life and True Police Stories on one of the picnic tables.
- If you proceed northwest from the playground towards Canyon wreckage, there will be an overturned blue trailer and three crates containing grenades.
- West of the trailer is a coyote's den. There may be a dead NCR trooper, with a pistol, SMG, shotgun or service rifle and two ammunition boxes.
- To the North West behind the back wall and in front of the cliff there is a hollowed-out rock that contains random loot. It has two tin cans on top, and there are two jets, one psycho, and two empty whiskey bottles on the ground in front of the rock.
 Related quests
- As of patch 1.02.3xx, citizens of Primm will reside in their houses during nighttime and wander around Primm during daytime.
- On the radio, Mr. New Vegas refers to Primm as "the other New Vegas".
- If the New California Republic take over Primm, some citizens will say that "Primm wimped out and accepted NCR rule." Even if Meyers or Primm Slim is chosen as Primm's sheriff, this line will be heard from time to time throughout the wasteland and even from Primm residents.
- If the player chooses Meyers to be Primm's sheriff but decides to go with the NCR at the end of the game, there will be no repercussions.
- If Deputy Beagle survives his rescue and the player chooses Meyers as the Sheriff, the player will get a tremendous discount from Nash in his store, buying and selling items at 100% of their value. If the player convinces the NCR to take over the town of reprogramme Primm Slim to act as sheriff, the player will get no discount from Nash.
- There is no reputation to Primm; it was cut from the game.
Primm appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
 Behind the scenes
Primm is based on the town of the same name in Nevada, with many of its features (Bison Steve's, El Diablo rollercoaster, Vikki & Vance) reflecting real-life equivalents (Buffalo Bill's, Desperado rollercoaster, Whiskey Pete's, respectively).
- After returning to Primm, the NCR deserters may suddenly appear in one of the NCR tents on the other side of Primm after you have entered, as if you had entered the casino instead. They may all bunch up/spawn at the door resulting in the hideous sight of several frozen heads or limbs poking through the female deserter's body as she talks to you. She will also speak the same lines of dialogue as she would have in the casino, including mention of how they are trying to flee the NCR, despite the fact that there is an NCR officer standing right next to them in the tent they just entered.
- Citizens of Primm (including the Nash Family and sometime ED-E) may become hostile towards you whether or not you are wearing enemy faction armor. Possible reasons for this include having previously worn the armor, having a companion who is or has been wearing the armor or simply having either Rex or Raul Tejada with you.
- The dead courier outside the Mojave Express may not appear, therefore not allowing you to loot his body for his courier message.
- If you delete the game data and go to Primm after you have restored law, the cashier inside Vikki and Vance casino will give you chips for caps and you can turn those in but not lose any chips thus getting infinite caps.