Python is a Mister Handy repairman in HELIOS One in the year 2281 that the Courier can reactivate.
Python is a Mister Handy that acts as a repairman around HELIOS one in case any equipment gets damaged.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
- That Lucky Old Sun: Python may be utilized to repair the wiring and bring the auxiliary generator online. A Science skill of 45 or a Poseidon Employee ID badge (which can be found in a room next to a skeleton behind a locked door requiring 50 Lockpick to open) is required to activate it from its inactive state.
- Although Python can easily be killed for 5 exp and one kill towards the "Demise of The Machines!" challenge, wait until after he fixes the terminal in the lab. Killing him beforehand makes repairing the terminal impossible without the high enough Repair skill (35) and scrap metal.
Python only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
 Behind the scenes
- The name Python is a reference to the programming language Python.
- One of the problems with activating Python is, if your Science skill isn't high enough, (45 or higher), he'll simply hover over to the auxiliary generator, where he will either be surged and short-circuited by the sparking cables, or will simply deactivate. If this happens, you will not be able to interact with Python, despite his health bar reading green. After you complete That Lucky Old Sun, he can be found restored in his depot with the "There are no more things for Python to fix" dialogue. This takes place despite whether or not you destroy Python whilst he is deactivated.
- V.A.T.S. Turning Python to ash or goo will destroy it permanently.
Python can be destroyed each time you enter the room, making it an easy way to farm scrap metal or complete certain challenges. It won't show up on the compass nor can you target it with
- Activating Python after fixing the generator yourself, may result in Python heading to the generator and attempting to fix it anyway.
|Military and security||Turrets||Automated turret · Auto-cannon · Gun turret · Laser turret · Turret robot|
|Floating robots||Eyebot (Duraframe Eyebot) · Floating eye · Hover robot · Mister Gutsy (Hardened Mister Gutsy, Ironbelly, Cerberus Sawbones, Sergeant RL-3, Hoover) · Security robot|
|Walkers||Argos · Behemoth · CRB-S · Gasbot · Gun robot · Humanoid brain bot · Humanoid robot (Gloating robot, HR 1200, HR 1205, HR 2999) · Kamikaze robot · Laser robot · Liberty Prime · Pacification robot · Protectron (Deputy Weld, Fisto, Primm Slim) · Robo-scorpion (X-42 giant robo-scorpion) · Scurry robot · Sentinel ·Type II sentry bot · Tesla robot|
|Tracked and wheeled robots||Gatling laser security robot · Protect-O-Bot · Robobrain (Masterbrain, Skynet) · Securitron (Jane, Marilyn, Victor, Yes Man, 010011110110111001100101, Muggy) · Type I sentry bot (Hardened Sentry Bot, RY-589 Ultimo bot, Sparky)|
|Utility||General||Assistant robot ·Maintenance robot · Mister Handy (Andy, Crazed Mister Handy, Godfrey, 'Job, Mobile facial recognition scanner, Mister Buckingham, Mr. Janitor, Rhonda, Tour guide, Unit 462, Sparks, Wadsworth) · Service robot · Think tank · Walking eye|
|Medical||Medical Eyebot · Mr. Orderly (Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS) · Sawbones|
|Industrial||Agricola robot · Construction drone (Construction drone foreman, The Custodian) Loadlifter robot · Maintenance robot ·Mr Steel · Python ·Repair Eyebot · Tank track robot|
|Commercial||Sunset Sarsaparilla eyebot · Vendortron|