From The Vault
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Background[edit | edit source]
Python is a Mister Handy that acts as a repairman around HELIOS one in case any equipment gets damaged.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- That Lucky Old Sun: Python may be utilized to repair the wiring and bring the auxiliary generator online. A Science skill of 45 or a Poseidon Employee ID badge (which can be found in a room next to a skeleton behind a locked door requiring 50 Lockpick to open) is required to activate it from its inactive state.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although Python can easily be killed for 5 exp and one kill towards the "Demise of The Machines!" challenge, wait until after he fixes the terminal in the lab. Killing him beforehand makes repairing the terminal impossible without the high enough Repair skill (35) and scrap metal.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Python appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The name Python is a reference to the programming language Python and Python the earth-dragon of Delphi.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- One of the problems with activating Python is, if your Science skill isn't high enough, (45 or higher), he'll simply hover over to the auxiliary generator, where he will either be surged and short-circuited by the sparking cables, or will simply deactivate. If this happens, you will not be able to interact with Python, despite his health bar reading green. After you complete That Lucky Old Sun, he can be found restored in his depot with the "There are no more things for Python to fix" dialogue. This takes place despite whether or not you destroy Python whilst he is deactivated.
- V.A.T.S. Turning Python to ash or goo will destroy it permanently. Python can be destroyed each time you enter the room, making it an easy way to farm scrap metal or complete certain challenges. It won't show up on the compass nor can you target it with
- Activating Python after fixing the generator yourself, may result in Python heading to the generator and attempting to fix it anyway.