Cocky, huh? I like that.
Reilly is the leader of a small mercenary unit known as Reilly's Rangers in 2277.
Reilly was born in 2247. Growing up in the ruins of Washington D.C. without parents, Reilly encountered a military man who took her in and taught her everything there was to know about combat, tactics and survival. When he died 12 years later, she carried his body all the way to Arlington Cemetery, and gave him the best military burial she could.
In 2273, at the age of 26, she founded Reilly's Rangers. Her initial contract from an anonymous "Mr Smith" entailed supermutant eradication in the ruins. Eventually, Reilly proposed to him a plan to map the Capital Wasteland, noting any areas of interest. The employer accepted the proposal and thus began a massive mapping exercise of the Capital Wasteland.
Following the deaths of Dallas and Kira, Reilly hired Theo to fill in. The first real deployment after this change in roster, to Vernon Square, proved disastrous: the Rangers were overwhelmed by mutants, pushed into the Our Lady of Hope Hospital and then the Statesman Hotel, only to end up besieged at the roof. Reilly made a break for it to get help, but was wounded by supermutants and found unconscious by ghouls of the Underworld, where she remains in a coma.
Reilly keeps notes of her teammates in her terminal. According to her computer files, she and Butcher are in a relationship, and began sleeping together recently. She also has a contact in Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
 Effects of player actions
- If you constantly pick the meanest (bottom) speech option when first talking to her, Reilly gets mad and will never talk to you again.
- Depending on how you wake her up, Reilly's legs are crippled and can be seen limping if you use your medical skill to wake her up. But she will look like normal if you pass Doctor Barrows' speech check to wake her up.
 Other interactions
- If asked why there are so many mutants in the area she tells you that Brick thought there is something in the area they are looking for, which is the F.E.V. that they need to change humans into mutants.
- If you have the Gun Nut perk you get a speech option saying that you've heard of Reilly Rangers before, and that they pack serious firepower. This has no further effects.
*Only when she is in Underworld
- There are a few inconsistencies between Reilly's dialogue and her notes. If you ask about Talon Company, Reilly will tell about an encounter with them in which Brick, the team's Heavy Weapons specialist, almost fought with a detachment of them; where as in her report on Brick, Reilly states that Brick did indeed fire on (and nearly massacre) them. It is probable that these were separate encounters with the Talon Company, hence the differing outcomes. She also states that Theo, the ranger lost in the Statesman Hotel, was a full ranger, whereas his contract is marked in her notes as "probationary". It is possible however, that Theo was promoted after, or immediately before, his death and Reilly didn't yet write it in her log.
- Do not anger Reilly at all in the occasion where you get the quest. If you then go and start the quest another way she and her rangers will become hostile. However the Underworld residents will not become hostile to the player and will attack Reilly.
 Notable quotes
- "Don't go soft on me now!"
- "If I wasn't asking for your help, I'd tell you to stay away. It's thick with super mutants. I don't know why. Butcher, our team medic, has always suspected something is in the area they are looking for or being attracted to. The only place worse I can think of is the Mall."
- "They have no morals, no remorse and wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through a defenseless man's head if it meant a job." (describing Talon Company.)
Reilly appears only in Fallout 3.
- Sometimes Reilly, when in Underworld's hospital, gets stuck in a dialogue with no exit options. This seems to occur when you listen to her quest suggestion Reilly's Rangers, choose to think about it and return later, but the quest already appears on your Pip-Boy and states "Find Reilly in Underworld". Carrying out a quick save before talking to her is recommended.
- If you have the Gauss rifle, and you remain hidden, in Underworld's hospital, then shoot Reilly while she is still unconscious, she will fall off the bed and stand up, but you wont be able to talk to her, though you are able to revive her with the required 60 Medicine
- ↑ Ranger compund: "I've gotten the approval from "Mr. Smith" for the mapping project. It's going well so far... definitely easier than hunting down Muties. The caps have been good, so we'll stick with it unless something better pops up."
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
- ↑ Ranger Compund: "Butcher and I slept together tonight. He'd always been kind of flirty with me, but I took it as typical merc humor. Well, I was wrong. I hope this hasn't jeopardized our relationship on a professional level, but I really want it to continue. After all, it's been a while since I've been with anyone and it's nice to know someone out there cares."