|For the quest with the same name, see Reilly's Rangers (quest).|
Reilly, with Ranger Battle Armor
Reilly's Rangers is a mercenary group in the Capital Wasteland based at the Ranger Compound. There are currently four members of Reilly's Rangers. Reilly herself gives out quests involving mapping the wastes and helping other rangers in need. Their base is located near Seward Square.
The Rangers were founded by Reilly in 2273. She originally procured a lucrative contract from an anonymous "Mr Smith" for the eradication of supermutants in the DC ruins. Eventually, Reilly proposed to him a mapping project, focusing on terrain and structure mapping for the District of Columbia urban sections. Make notes of enemy resistance, weapons caches, strategic positions, retreat points, etc. The employer accepted the proposal and thus began a massive mapping exercise of the Capital Wasteland, easier to do than hunting down supermutants in the ruins.
However, the contract, as lucrative as it may be, still requires Rangers to expose themselves to danger. As such, sometime before the disastrous expedition to Vernon Square, Reilly lost two of her squadmates, Dallas and Kira. She hired Theo on probation to fill in the vacancies.
The Rangers deployed in full force to Vernor Square, to map the area for the employer and retrieve any usable equipment. The area also doubled as a potential source of medical supplies and knowledge for Butcher and a prime location for a radio transmitter (on top of the Statesman Hotel). It was also an occassion to give Theo a taste of his first real combat.
The first real deployment after this change in roster, to Vernon Square, proved disastrous: the Rangers were overwhelmed by mutants, pushed into the Our Lady of Hope Hospital and then the Statesman Hotel, only to end up besieged at the roof. Reilly made a break for it to get help, but was wounded by supermutants and found unconscious by ghouls of the Underworld, where she remains in a coma.
Reilly's Rangers are a small unit. Reilly is the leader of the team, while the others are essentially contractors, working in exchange for commission for each completed deployment.
 Active members
- Reilly (Leader)
- Butcher (Medic) - offers free healing at the Ranger Compound.
- Donovan (Tech) - repairs equipment at reduced prices at the Ranger Compound.
- Brick (Heavy weapons)
 Inactive members
 Potential members
- Lone Wanderer if the Reilly's Rangers quest has been completed.
 Relations with the outside
The Rangers are a mercenary group, working for the highest bidder. However, Reilly also reserves the right to reject an assignment on moral grounds, differentating them from the Talon Company.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
 Related quests
Reilly's Rangers appear in Fallout 3.
- A few players have reported killing Donovan in a random event and looting his corpse, but when the player returned to the Reilly's Rangers compound they were hostile. If enemies kill Donovan, you do not even have to be near him or loot him, the Rangers will become hostile even though you did not kill him yourself.
- All the Rangers can be pick pocketed and remain non-hostile if a Stealth-Boy or Chinese Stealth Armor is used while picking. The Rangers may catch you and take back items but they will not be hostile afterwards. You can usually reverse pick-pocket safely.
- Rare glitch, once you get to the Rangers Compound after they are rescued, their armor is missing and Butcher's and Donovan's weapons are missing.
- Reilly's terminal, found in the Reilly's Rangers Compound, will not return to the main menu when one reads each item. One has to turn the terminal off and on again to read the other items.
- Don't destroy the generators on the rooftop, as this will usually cause the Rangers to turn hostile; this may or may not be a bug (from a story standpoint, it'd deprive the elevator of power).
- When you first join up with Reilly's Rangers on the roof they may become hostile for no reason, just reload the last Auto-save to the roof again until it doesn't happen. See above note about the generators as well.
- ↑ Ranger compund: "Contract: Super Mutant Cleansing Status: Ongoing Projected Income: Unknown Acquired Income: 2850 caps Description: Eradication of Super Mutants at Reilly's discretion. Buyer will award a varying amount of caps on a per kill basis. Proof of slain Super Mutants must be provided to buyer before payment is authorized (buyer has approved various body parts as proof)."
- ↑ Ranger compund: "I've gotten the approval from "Mr. Smith" for the mapping project. It's going well so far... definitely easier than hunting down Muties. The caps have been good, so we'll stick with it unless something better pops up."
- ↑ Ranger compund: "Contract: Ruins Mapping Status: Ongoing Projected Income: Unknown Acquired Income: 1765 caps Description: Terrain and structure mapping for District of Columbia urban sections. Make notes of enemy resistance, weapons caches, strategic positions, retreat points, etc. Provide detailed files in holotape format to buyer. Buyer to remain anonymous and pay via caps left in predetermined spot known only to Reilly."
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
- ↑ Ranger Compund: "It's been a month since we lost Dallas and Kira. They were assets to the Rangers and even though I've taken Theo on board to bolster our numbers, he's hardly a replacement. He's green, but maybe with enough Mutie blood splashing on his boots, he'll wise up real fast."
- ↑ "Well, Theo's been itching to go on a mapping trip, so I'm taking the entire group into Vernon Square. I usually like to leave someone back at the compound, but the sector is brimming with potential loot locations, so I need all the muscle I can get. Butcher is anxious to check out Our Lady of Hope Hospital and get supplies, while I want to set up a transmitter on the Statesman Hotel."