Run Goodsprings Run is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
The Powder Gangers are going to make good on their promise to destroy Goodsprings for harboring a caravaneer who escaped their custody.
- Talk to Joe Cobb after seeing him argue with Trudy.
- Kill Ringo.
- Get supplies from some Goodsprings residents.
- Chet will supply the Powder Gangers with leather armor after a successful Barter or Speech check of 25.
- Doc Mitchell can be convinced to share some medical supplies to aid a "hurt traveler down the highway" with a Medicine check of 25.
- Attack Goodsprings and kill all of the residents.
- This quest is the antithesis of the quest Ghost Town Gunfight.
- Which ever quest the player chooses to complete will affect reputation with both factions and simultaneously cause the player to fail the opposing quest, so be certain who you want to help beforehand.
- If Joe dies during the course of the attack on Goodsprings, but if the attack is successful then the quest will end once all hostile Goodsprings inhabitants have been killed and grant the XP reward to the player. No further reward is obtainable since Joe actually dies (instead of just being 'unconscious') and cannot be spoken to.
- If you have already spoken to Ringo and agreed to help him, Joe Cobb will dismiss you when try and ask to help him take over the town. Each time you ask he'll claim he doesn't like the look of you.
- Once this quest is completed, surviving Goodsprings citizens will sometimes say "That was a hell of a way to repay Doc." when interacted with.
|1|| ||Kill Ringo|
|2|| ||Tell Joe Cobb that Ringo is dead|
|3|| ||Let Joe Cobb know once you're ready to take over Goodsprings|
|4||Defeat the Goodsprings militia|
- Doc Mitchell. Before you get supplies you can kill Joe and fail the quest, but Chet and Doc Mitchell will still be locked in the 'Help the Powder Gangers' dialog speech, and you can get infinite experience, leather armor about halfway repaired, 30 9mm rounds, and Powder Ganger fame. (See Fallout: New Vegas exploits.)
When you kill Ringo and tell Joe, he will ask you to get supplies from Chet, and
Even after killing every citizen in Goodsprings, Joe Cobb might still say that there are people to kill. When attempting to talk to Chet, he will simply say, "Can't talk now, there's a gunfight!". The quest is stuck in this limbo forever. Starting a new character will not resolve this issue.
- If you kill Ringo before talking to Joe Cobb, he will still ask to kill him and Ringo will come back to life.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|