Run Goodsprings Run
Run Goodsprings Run
Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Joe Cobb after seeing him argue with Trudy.
- Kill Ringo.
- Get supplies from Chet and Doc Mitchell.
- Attack Goodsprings.
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After seeing him rush out of the Prospector Saloon after threatening Trudy, find Joe Cobb leaning up against a small house at the southeastern edge of Goodsprings. He will ask the player to kill Ringo, a Crimson Caravan merchant who has fled to Goodsprings to escape the Powder Gangers.
Head to the Goodsprings gas station and kill Ringo, then return to Joe. He will tell the player to get supplies for an upcoming attack on Goodsprings from Doc Mitchell or Chet. Chet can be convinced to supply the Powder Gangers with leather armor with a successful Speech or Barter skill of 25. Doc Mitchell can be lied to, then he must be convinced with a Medicine skill check of 25 to provide aid for a "hurt traveler down by the highway". If lacking in the appropriate skills, the player can always buy the supplies, pickpocket the doctor, or simply kill the doctor and take the supplies.
Go back to Joe Cobb and give him the supplies, and help the Powder Gangers invade Goodsprings. Most non-player characters in town will become hostile, but the player will receive assistance from several Powder Gangers. Once the residents of Goodsprings are dead, the player can talk to Joe and claim the reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This quest is the antithesis of the quest Ghost Town Gunfight.
- Which ever quest the player chooses to complete will affect reputation with both factions and simultaneously cause the player to fail the opposing quest, so be certain who you want to help beforehand.
- If Joe dies during the course of the attack on Goodsprings, but if the attack is successful then the quest will end once all hostile Goodsprings inhabitants have been killed and grant the XP reward to the player. No further reward is obtainable since Joe actually dies (instead of just being 'unconscious') and cannot be spoken to.
- If you have already spoken to Ringo and agreed to help him, Joe Cobb will dismiss you when try and ask to help him take over the town. Each time you ask he'll claim he doesn't like the look of you.
- Once this quest is completed, surviving Goodsprings citizens will sometimes say "That was a hell of a way to repay Doc." when interacted with.
Journal entries[edit | edit source]
|2||Tell Joe Cobb that Ringo is dead|
|3||Let Joe Cobb know once you're ready to take over Goodsprings|
|4||Defeat the Goodsprings militia|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Ringo and tell Joe, he will ask you to get supplies from Chet, and Doc Mitchell. Before you get supplies you can kill Joe and fail the quest, but Chet and Doc Mitchell will still be locked in the 'Help the Powder Gangers' dialog speech, and you can get infinite experience, leather armor about halfway repaired, 30 9mm rounds, and Powder Ganger fame. (See Fallout: New Vegas exploits.) When you kill
- Even after killing every citizen in Goodsprings, Joe Cobb might still say that there are people to kill. When attempting to talk to Chet, he will simply say, "Can't talk now, there's a gunfight!". The quest is stuck in this limbo forever. Starting a new character will not resolve this issue.
- If you kill Ringo before talking to Joe Cobb, he will still ask to kill him and Ringo will come back to life.