Saint Monica's Church
Fallout 3 locations project
Saint Monica's Church
The church in Rivet City
- Father Clifford tells the story of the possibly fictitious Saint Monica as follows:
Today we hear the story of Saint Monica. She was born in Great Lanta on the shores of the ocean. Her parents were both ghouls. That's right; I said ghouls. That she was conceived at all was a miracle. That she was born unafflicted was an even greater miracle. God tested Saint Monica. She did not lead an easy life. Sold into slavery by raiders, she was forced to sell her body. They took her only son, Ehran, from her and sold him. She prayed every night to God for his safety. She did not pray for herself, although her burden was great. Each night she would preach the word of God to the slavers. After sixteen years, God provided a miracle. One of the slavers repented his wicked ways and helped her to escape. Four years she looked for Ehran. Four years she wandered the wasteland. God looked over her in those years. When she found her son, she found he was a wicked man. Ehran had overthrown his masters and taken their place. He was an owner of men. Ehran took his mother to be his slave, even knowing who she was, for Ehran blamed her for his painful early life. Each day Ehran would think of a new and wicked trial to put her through. She would only smile at him and say, 'I forgive you.' Each morning she would be miraculously healed as if nothing had happened. When Ehran truly realized her love and God's love was boundless, he flung himself at her feet and begged for Saint Monica's forgiveness. Ehran released all of his slaves, and they rejoiced. He repented all his wicked ways”
Santa Monica's Church can be reached by going through the door on the same floor you enter after accessing Rivet City through the door on the left, rather than than the Rivet City Marketplace door. Take the first right and then the second left (it's close to the science lab). The church has a podium in the front with a table for donations behind it. There are eight benches in two rows for church goers to site. In the far back is the room where Father Clifford and Acolyte Diego live.
 Notable loot
- Pre-War money: In the donation box (locked). The donation box is on the table behind the podium.
- Holotape: Inside the podium. (For the The Replicated Man quest)
 Related quests
- Father Clifford informs the player that Saint Monica is the patron saint of lost children, and this is a major focus of Clifford's theology.
- If you are caught attempting to break into the donation box Father Clifford and Diego will become hostile towards you.
- If you tell Father Clifford that Diego has been sleeping with Angela and then listen to their conversation, Clifford will tell Diego that he is going to Purgatory, a place in which the soul of the dead is purified before going to heaven, which has traditionally been a teaching of the Catholic Church.
- This is one of 2 locations where you can donate caps to gain good karma quickly.
- Non-player characters are scripted to come to this church every Sunday morning to hear Father Clifford's sermon.
- Angela and Diego will be married here if you tell Diego to do so.
- Saint Monica's Church appears only in Fallout 3.