This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
Sanctuary Hills represents the latest in planned communities, and is home to a diverse range of families.”— Fallout 4 loading screen hints
Background[edit | edit source]
This suburban neighborhood was once the Sole Survivor's home, and also the base for a pre-War chem dealer. Since the Great War, the only resident was Codsworth, the Sole Survior's personal Mister Handy. After the Sole Survivor escaped Vault 111, they passed through the neighborhood on their way to Concord, per Codsworth's suggestions.
Settlement information[edit | edit source]
Sanctuary is one of the larger settlements, encompassing every house and extending into the stream to the south; coupled with the fact that it is almost never attacked and has all available crafting stations, it is a prime locale to start a settlement. Furthermore, the entire neighborhood is filled with junk and dead trees for new structures, arable land for crops, and a nearby stream for water. Being surrounded by water also makes it easily defensible if it ever gets attacked at all.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Sanctuary is located on a small island, accessed by a bridge in the southeast; the neighborhood is composed of nine intact "Houses of Tomorrow" and five ruined ones. The street winds up to the northeast; most notably, from the bridge there is:
- a house with a cooking station on the right side of the street;
- the chem dealer's house on the left side, complete with a chemistry station in the backyard;
- the Sole Survivor's house on the left side of the street;
- the central house on the right which contains the settlement's workshop, a weapons and armor workbench, and a power armor station;
- an intact yellow house left to the roundabout with the root cellar in the backyard;
- and the cul-de-sac's roundabout.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Post-War[edit | edit source]
- * If When Freedom Calls is completed.
- ** As part of the settlement building mechanics.
Pre-War[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Trashcan Carla visits this location.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Jungle of the Bat-Babies edition of Grognak the Barbarian is in the Sole Survivor's home, on the kitchen counter.
- You're SPECIAL! is in the Sole Survivor's home, on the floor in Shaun's room.
- Three gold bars (an easy source of bottle caps in the early portions of the game), can be found in the root cellar in the north part of the settlement.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sanctuary Hills in the endgame slides of Fallout 4
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sanctuary appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.258: "[1.02] SANCTUARY
Growing from the ruins of Sanctuary Hills, the prewar neighborhood your family used to call home, is a new settlement, a beacon of hope for the downtrodden and the new base of operations for the Minutemen."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)