The name's Sarah Lyons, Sentinel and squad commander of the Brotherhood of Steel.
Sentinel Sarah Lyons is a Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel member and the commander of the Lyons' Pride in 2277.
Sarah Lyons was born in 2251 in the Brotherhood of Steel's Lost Hills bunker in California. In 2254, the Brotherhood of Steel ruling council decided to send a contingent of soldiers under the command of Star Paladin Owyn Lyons to the East Coast with a mandate to recover all advanced technology from the Washington D.C. area. Three at the time, Sarah joined her father on his journey east to the Capital Wasteland (her mother having died several years earlier). Since their arrival and establishment of a permament base at the Citadel, Sarah trained to be a warrior. By 2277, Elder Lyons' daughter Sarah is a grown woman and one of the Brotherhood’s finest warriors. Brotherhood through and through, she is as dedicated and decorated as her father when he was younger. In fact, she’s the only member to have achieved the illustrious rank of Sentinel, and now commands her own elite squad, Lyons' Pride.
Sarah is unsurprisingly loyal to her father, but her superior attitude to wastelanders is more typical of those in the Brotherhood with lingering sympathies for the Outcasts. She has little patience with 'civilians' stumbling into the line of fire. However this may be the pride of a professional rather than someone who doubts the value of the Brotherhood's objectives. Her attitude to Initiate Reddin suggests she is not convinced that wastelanders should be recruited into Brotherhood ranks.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
- Following in His Footsteps: The Lone Wanderer encounters Sarah while traveling to the GNR Building Plaza. The PC will find her squad. When the PC approaches her, Sarah will not trust the wanderer but will allow him/her to follow behind them to the GNR studios. Upon reaching the GNR Building Plaza, the PC and Lyons' squad will be attacked by super mutants, and a super mutant behemoth Lyons will then enter the GNR building with the remainder of her squad. While there she can be talked to, and will thank the PC for his or her help if appropriate.
- Take It Back!: Sarah, after inducting the Wanderer into the Pride, briefs you all on the mission to come. She personally accompanies the Wanderer into the Jefferson Memorial Rotunda for the final confrontation with the Enclave's second in command Colonel Autumn and his handful of personal guards. Based on the Wanderer's choice, Sarah Lyons will:
- Watch the Wanderer's selfless act of sacrifice in choosing to enter the chamber and mourn his/her inevitable demise (unless Broken Steel is installed).
- Enter the chamber herself, sacrificing herself in place of the Wanderer.
- Wait until the Purifier explodes.
- Who Dares Wins (Broken Steel): After the player escapes from the mobile base, Sarah Lyons will appear again (unless she was killed) and pick you up in a Vertibird, taking you back to the Citadel.
 Effects of player actions
- She will comment if the player is wearing power armor when fighting the Behemoth in the GNR plaza, saying he/she can wear it for helping them defeat it.
- () If you betray the Brotherhood and launch an orbital strike on the Citadel, she and the other Brotherhood members who picked you up will attack you in a fury, calling you a traitor. It is then possible to kill her, as she will no longer be an essential non-player character.
- (Fawkes, Sergeant RL-3 or Charon to start it; it is revealed that an energy spike knocked both of you out. Two weeks later after you wake up, she's still in a coma, "unresponsive but stable".
) If the player activates the purifier himself/herself, or uses
- () If Lyons activates the purifier, she was killed by the radiation and doesn't appear.
- () After completing all the main quests, she will comment that she wishes she could get to know the Lone Wanderer better, hinting possible romantic feelings for them.
- Although her stats are normally on par with a normal Brotherhood of Steel Paladin, during the final quest "Take it Back" her health is increased to 505, giving her extremely high durability on par with Star Paladin Cross while she fights alongside the player during the game's final battle. Additionally, as a plot-critical non-player character, she cannot be killed by the player or other characters during the course of the game, merely knocked unconscious.
- Sarah Lyons is coded as an non-player character companion, and therefore uses up ammunition for her weapons, unlike most standard non-player characters. She has more than 100 microfusion cells in her inventory to prevent her from running out of ammunition under normal circumstances.
- The only way to get her armor if you have the Broken Steel Add-on is to blow up the Citadel, or planting items on her, or other Lyons' Pride members.
 Notable quotes
- "Keep firing! They bleed just like anything else!"
- "You dare assault a Brother of Steel?"
- "You bastard! I'll make you PAY for this! You hear me?! PAY!"
- "How dare you assault a soldier of the Brotherhood of Steel!"
- "We've still got the damn Frankensteins crawling all over D.C. and Rothchild's got us picking up every blinking gizmo from here to Virginia."
Sarah Lyons appears only in Fallout 3.
 Behind the scenes
- the control room still isn't clear or repeat the phrase "Steel be with you!"
At the end of the game Sarah Lyons can glitch into either saying that
- Waters of Life, before speaking to Rothchild to start the quest Finding the Garden of Eden, Lyons will appear on the road leading from Arlington Library to the Flooded Metro, walking along the road to a point past the Nuka-Cola Plant.
- At the beginning of Take it Back!, as Liberty Prime crosses the first bridge, she may jump into the water and stay down there indefinitely.
- At any point in the game, Lyons may talk about the Enclave fortifying the water purifier, and about the Enclave having Vertibirds. This happens only in non-player character to non-player character conversations though.
- If you begin the Take it Back! mission, then fast travel to Falls Church, Sarah Lyons may appear as a follower in the area.
- After you destroy the Enclave at the end of Broken Steel, the first thing she will say to you afterwards is, "When I first saw you long ago in that alley Chevy Chase, I thought you were just some trashy Wastelander. I'm glad to see I was wrong.", even if the Lone Wanderer never completed the Galaxy News Radio quest.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 96: "Sarah, 26, was born in the West Coast Brotherhood of Steel headquarters. At the age of seven, she accompanied her father on his journey east to the Capital Wasteland (her mother having died several years earlier). Sarah Lyons is Brotherhood through and through, as dedicated and decorated as her father when he was younger. She commands a group of soldiers assigned to patrol the Washington, D.C., Mall area and operates out of the G.N.R. studio outpost."