Fallout: New Vegas locations project
While there are no accessible buildings, there are two trunks on the tarmac side of the main airport terminal, on the terminal outer wall, which contain a large amount of caps (depending on your level and Luck, it can range from 200 to over 1000 caps) and sometimes bobby pins, cigarettes or any random junk. The facility is crawling with radscorpions of various sizes.
There are four planes in the area. They are all very rusted and two have their landing gears stuck in junk piles, but they are intact.
 Notable loot
- Two metal boxes and an ammunition box underneath a plane on the west end of the runway.
- Two trunks next to the main building, near the two planes. They have a random number of caps depending on your stats, with a significant bonus to characters with Fortune Finder perk.
Searchlight Airport appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
 Behind the scenes
- Searchlight Airport is a real airport two miles to the south of Searchlight, Nevada. It was built by the United States Air Force as an emergency alternate paved airstrip for Nellis Air Force Base in the 1950s. It is now a public airport, but has no control tower.
- It's possible to step outside the game borders here if you jump onto the roof of the airport building, using ammunition boxes or other junk, and then jumping down on the other side of the fence. There seems to be no invisible walls blocking the way here so you can (although it takes time) walk to the edge of the landscape and jump down into a seemingly never ending watermass.
- Another way to step out of the game borders is to jump onto the top of the white fuel containers to the left of the airport building, then jump over the fence. You should be able to hop up on a square part on the edge of the container, then jump up again to reach the top.
- When fast traveling to Searchlight Airport, the screen might turn black and the game might crash, whereafter you have to reset your console.